Massey Ferguson 4270 alternator not charging

/ Massey Ferguson 4270 alternator not charging #1  

Aegerter

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 4270
Hello all my 4270 is not charging I checked the batteries and both of them are good did a load test on them and all, took the alternator to a shop and had it tested and they said everything checks out I知 not the greatest with electrical if anyone could give me a starting point to find where my issue is thanks

/ Massey Ferguson 4270 alternator not charging #2  
Hello all my 4270 is not charging I checked the batteries and both of them are good did a load test on them and all, took the alternator to a shop and had it tested and they said everything checks out I知 not the greatest with electrical if anyone could give me a starting point to find where my issue is thanks

While not the same model, my GC2410 had the same symptoms and in the end it was the large fuse connecting the charging circuit. In my case that is a 40A slow-blow fuse in a separate small fuse box. From the top it looked OK but the break was deep inside the fuse. I found it by running a continuity test with a multi-meter. Use the lowest ohm setting and look for a number close to zero, or if you have a more sophisticated meter, it may have a dedicated continuity test setting. If the alternator is fine, there is not much else, other than perhaps a corroded connection/ground. Good luck.

/ Massey Ferguson 4270 alternator not charging #3  
Check fuse first.... Location and how its wired in should be in owners manual... On my 1715 there are two in seperate fuse holder, one is for alternator output (40 amp) ..

Dale

/ Massey Ferguson 4270 alternator not charging #4  
Like mentioned above, check the fuses.

Also, check the connection of your excitement wire where it plugs into the alternator.

I would even check the key switch. Some tractors charge/excite through the key switch.

You have a big tractor (at least it's big to me). Do you have a cab or platform? Are you in North America?