Buying Advice Massey Harris 20 0r 21 parts

/ Massey Harris 20 0r 21 parts #1  

BridgeBoy

Tractor
none
I have been talking with a gentlemen that has either a Massey Harris 20 or 21. He is not sure of model. WFE. Claims that intake gasket is leaking so coolant is only going into exhaust. Not into oil pan. Shut down and decided to sell as is.
Are parts available for this year and model tractor? Does this replacement of the intake gasket seem reasonable?
Thanks,

BridgeBoy

Last edited:
   / Massey Harris 20 0r 21 parts #2  
I have a Massey Harris Mustang and have had good luck sourcing parts I've needed at Napa. These models had Continental engines in them that were pretty common in equipment back then. You might also check with a Massey dealer that has been in business a long time such as Massey Ferguson tractor dealer near Syracuse New York . They may have some new old stock still for the particular model you are dealing with. As a last resort, there are places that specialize in making them: Home » Olson's Gaskets

/ Massey Harris 20 0r 21 parts
Thank you labhaven for the information. Very much appreciated. I am wondering if just replacing intake gasket would take care of coolant problem? I have never really been around a Massey Harris in years. I think I would have to replace intake and exhaust at the same time?

BridgeBoy