MasseyFerguson 1020 = Hinomoto E18

/ MasseyFerguson 1020 = Hinomoto E18 #1  

cansox12

Tractor
MF205= Hinomoto E184
Hi all, gotta love the world wide web and the vast amount of knowledge that is shared on forums like this
I am new to this site, been spending lots of time on Zcar.com working on one of three '77 Datsun 280z's. In advance I would like to give thanks for any input/suggestions and opinions.
I have recently acquired a (recently)non-running Massey Ferguson 1020, I have come to the conclusion that it is the equivalent of a Hinomoto E18?? (4wd,110cc,2cyl.) I am currently in the process'es of diagnose/removal/cleaning/and or having the pump rebuilt. I have checked and confirmed my fuel is reaching the pump and have bled the input @ the slotted screw on the side just to the rear of the upper inspection plate. (Kiki- 104302-660, 70g839404, np-pe s2k65c210rs2..... ect.ect.). Cranking the engine over with plenty of ampreage and voltage. I am unable to get any fuel @ the injector line input connections or at the injector connectors. After removing the upper inspection cover plate, turning the motor over, the #2 lifter is not moving, the #1 is but not moving fuel. Removing the lower inspection cover, the cam is turning and seems to be intact.
Here-in the problem lies,,,, the M-Ferg shop manual I have describe's the servicing and removal of a completely different type of injection pump....
I have removed all attaching lines and linkages, removed 3-12mil nuts that secure the pump to the rear gear housing cover,,,,,
.....ok,, so now.... the pump is free but the cam is not and seems to be connected on the forward side of the timing gear cover. This seems logical to me..............so then, how do I complete the removal>>>>>>>>...Hard to believe that I would have to take the entire forward timing gear housing off...??
I would so appreciate any info. on this procedure, or where I might be able to attain said info......

/ MasseyFerguson 1020 = Hinomoto E18 #2  
Is the 1020 not a 3 cyl?

Eugene

/ MasseyFerguson 1020 = Hinomoto E18
Yes Eugene, the MF1020 has a cs112-3cyl-1126cc. the MF1010 has a cs86-3cyl-856cc as per the "IT Service shop manual" I received w/the tractor and my own online reseach. The motor this unit has is a Hinomoto S-107 2-cyl w/ the above mentioned pump. I should mention that the tractor was a gift from my father-in-law, used it and serviced it over 10 years.
Whadda ya think?