Math Wizards ... any way to figure out this loader question?

/ Math Wizards ... any way to figure out this loader question? #11  
Have you thought about tilting the load back over the loader frame so that the CG is closer to the rating point for the loader?

/ Math Wizards ... any way to figure out this loader question?
Have you thought about tilting the load back over the loader frame so that the CG is closer to the rating point for the loader?

Won't be able to do that if I'm lifting the boiler.

----------------------------------------------------

Lifted this the other day, tearing out an old porch for someone. Really interesting to see a 4'x4' slab at 10" thickness! The concrete weight formula works out to be right around 2000 lbs, and I was just ..... barely .... able ..... to lift it. This loader is funny though; if you can get it up the first 2", it'll pretty much go all the way up, easier than the first 2"!

When I flipped the slab over, I discovered that it wasn't just solid concrete ... it had large stones cemented in the mix! Anyone know if this would make the slab any heavier or lighter?

ForumRunner_20140616_195100.png

ForumRunner_20140616_195112.png

ForumRunner_20140616_195140.png

ForumRunner_20140616_195157.png

/ Math Wizards ... any way to figure out this loader question? #13  
Geometry of cyl pins & loader arm pivots suggests max lift will be part way up. Keeping it there would seem to be easy enuf. Got anything to help with the first few inches?

Tip it onto logs/fence-posts & roll it? That's what we do with big sheds. Can you tuck in skids & drag it?

/ Math Wizards ... any way to figure out this loader question? #14  
You say it just barley lifted that 2000# slab, but "barley" I'd hard to quantify.

Have you considered putting a pressure gauge on a tee in your lift hose/circuit? That's the easiest way to figure these things out. You can see what your max pressure is, and then when you lift things like that slab, you can see how close to max you really were. And then further break it down to percentages and figure what you can actually lift.

/ Math Wizards ... any way to figure out this loader question? #15  
I think it may do it. You could get a set of 3PH forks to move it.

/ Math Wizards ... any way to figure out this loader question? #16  
Does the boiler have to be lifted. Can it be placed by skidding. Boiler well strapped to loader, use curl function and back up.