MAX or 16 series?? What to buy

/ MAX or 16 series?? What to buy #11  
We recently purchased a 3616 last year for our property. We have 3.72 acres to mow and use it for tilling a garden and snow removal as well as other odd jobs that come up. We where not origonally looking to purchase a tractor of this size but we found this cabbed hst model with 165 hours for a significantly reduced price. Although we could have handled everything with a smaller tractor we ended up getting this larger one for less money and I smile ear to ear every time I start it up. It does make for a much easier job when it comes to snow removal. We use a 6' finish mower on the 3 point for mowing. I have not regretted this size of this tractor for our uses on 3.72 acres one bit. IMG_20140503_190915_975.jpg

/ MAX or 16 series?? What to buy
We recently purchased a 3616 last year for our property. We have 3.72 acres to mow and use it for tilling a garden and snow removal as well as other odd jobs that come up. We where not origonally looking to purchase a tractor of this size but we found this cabbed hst model with 165 hours for a significantly reduced price. Although we could have handled everything with a smaller tractor we ended up getting this larger one for less money and I smile ear to ear every time I start it up. It does make for a much easier job when it comes to snow removal. We use a 6' finish mower on the 3 point for mowing. I have not regretted this size of this tractor for our uses on 3.72 acres one bit. View attachment 374166

Nice setup! I was kind of thinking of the 3616 without the cab, but I do know of a local dealer with a cab model for a pretty good price. How do the R4 tires do on the grass. Does it dent your yard at all? I like to keep a pretty nice looking yard, so I don't want to mark it up at all. But I think the size of the tires on the 3616 should spread out the weight pretty good.

/ MAX or 16 series?? What to buy #13  
If you're buying new and depending on how you are financing I'd see about throwing in a backhoe as well. I'm one of the few among all my neighbors that has one and they are kind of envious. The BH allows me to pull railroad tie fence posts with relative ease. dig burn pits for trash. Dig out piles of dirt that have been in place for years so I can move them with the FEL, and other tasks.

So just throwing out a suggestion.

/ MAX or 16 series?? What to buy #14  
Nice setup! I was kind of thinking of the 3616 without the cab, but I do know of a local dealer with a cab model for a pretty good price. How do the R4 tires do on the grass. Does it dent your yard at all? I like to keep a pretty nice looking yard, so I don't want to mark it up at all. But I think the size of the tires on the 3616 should spread out the weight pretty good.
I think you will find that any of the tractors you are looking at will dent the yard if it is not completely dry. Even a lawn tractor or zero turn will leave tracks though if the ground is soft but not like a tractor. When you start putting 3000# of tractor on your lawn with tires about the same width as a 600-800# lawnmower, you are going to leave a mark.
If you want perfectly groomed lawn, get a lawn mower(ZTR is my preference) and use the tractor for landscaping work and heavy lifting.

/ MAX or 16 series?? What to buy #15  
The other thing I would mention about the larger tractor with cab, especially for you up north, moving snow in a heated cab is very very nice.

/ MAX or 16 series?? What to buy
Thanks for the responses so far. Its been helpful. I'd love to hear anymore opinions on my tractor size choice for mowing 2.5 acres. I'd also be curious to know if anyone else thinks I'd be denting my yard with the MAX or 16 series tractors. I'm sure there will be occasion where I'll need to mow when the ground is a little wet. I've got clay soil which holds in the moisture pretty good.

/ MAX or 16 series?? What to buy #17  
cgendron. Under normally dry conditions, I've never dented my yard while running over it with my 2615. However, you can tear it up making sharp turns while operating in 4WD. My industrial rear tires are filled with calcium chloride and I'd estimate my weight at over 3000 lbs.