Price Check May special: 2 attachments & tractor cash back

/ May special: 2 attachments & tractor cash back #1  

Ray_Fort_White

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3038E
The John Deer site has a May 1 to May 31 offer. Buy a tractor and 2 JD or Frontier attachments and get $400 on a 2000, $600 on a 3000 or $800 on a 4000.

I called my dealer and was told that they don't have the details yet but that it probably is based on list prices of the attachments. He says no one ever pays list for those. He doubts it would actually save me any cash but will run the numbers.

I think JD has run deals like this before. Anyone know how it worked?

/ May special: 2 attachments & tractor cash back #2  
The only pricing issue is for items that do not have a base code, like say, a bucket. The bucket must be above a certain dealer cost to count as an attatchment. The I-match hitch even counts as one unit. Even if there where some list price requirements it is easy to solve by showing what discounts you might be getting on the tractor and showing retail on the att. If the price is the same it does not matter.

/ May special: 2 attachments & tractor cash back #3  
oops, was thinking about last program that is now expired. But I still stand by the statement of writing up the att for list and showing those discounts on the tractor.

/ May special: 2 attachments & tractor cash back #4  
The John Deer site has a May 1 to May 31 offer. Buy a tractor and 2 JD or Frontier attachments and get $400 on a 2000, $600 on a 3000 or $800 on a 4000.

I called my dealer and was told that they don't have the details yet but that it probably is based on list prices of the attachments. He says no one ever pays list for those. He doubts it would actually save me any cash but will run the numbers.

I think JD has run deals like this before. Anyone know how it worked?

I purchased my 4520 cab and two implements last year with 0% for 48 months and also got a discount of 17.82 % off of msrp. I did make a large down payment which was my own preference but if the 0% financing isn't available such as this latest offer then I would adjust the initial buying price to make up for it.

/ May special: 2 attachments & tractor cash back #5  
I just checked the Deere.com web site and found that the 0% for 48 months financing is back plus $400 - $800 off when tractor is purchased with 2 or more attachments.

/ May special: 2 attachments & tractor cash back #6  
Does anybody know if the quick hitch counts? My dealer told me she didnt' think so, but that may be because it only costs $350. The only implement I really want is maybe a land plane for my driveway but they are wanting $1345 for a 6' and I think that's too high, probably list price.

Also, they tell me the 0% for 48 months has a 2.5% buydown, is that still the case? I want to do 48 months but hate to pay that extra cost.