Mccormick Deering NT1875 I need info on this tractor like the correct front wheels,

/ Mccormick Deering NT1875 I need info on this tractor like the correct front wheels, #1  

somanytractors

Silver Member
Tractor
several
I just got this tractor.
It's never going to run again. It is going to to look restored and then sit beside the driveway where everyone can enjoy it.
The previous owner modified the front wheels to put rubber tires on it. I want to make a pair of wheels that look like the originals but when I google it I see several different wheels. I want them to at least look correct for this tractor.
Personally, I would clean it up and paint it rust brown. I think it looks awesome just like it is, but the wife claimed it and she wants it to look like a new one.
I'd also like to confirm the year. The guy I got it from said it was 1927
Can anyone confirm the year or show me the correct front wheels and maybe tell me the diameter of the front wheels?
Any other useful info like model or tidbits from the era concerning this model would also be awesome.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Pics are below.
John
1691151979113.png

1691152239315.png

Last edited:
   / Mccormick Deering NT1875 I need info on this tractor like the correct front wheels, #2  
That is a 10-20 McCormick-Deering. The NT1875 on the tag stands for narrow tread. Doing a quick search found this info. " "NT" serial numbers began at 501 in 1926 and ended at 1960 in 1934." This info came from another tractor forum, and they got the info from 150 Years of International Harvester by C.H Wendel. I'd search using "10-20 McCormick-Deering NT" it may find the actual year you're looking for.

Here is info on it from Tractor Data TractorData.com McCormick-Deering 10-20 tractor information It's showing the front wheel as being 30" X 4.5". You might find a set in a salvage yard that specializes in such tractors or have a metal fab shop extend the spokes and roll out a set of new wheels. More then likely if you found an OEM set, they'd be rusted out and need to be replaced anyway.

I had a 10-20 30 years ago and someone had cut it down and put 18" rims & tires on it. The tires were shot and couldn't find any locally. Didn't have the internet to find things like that back then. I took it to an Amish fabricating shop in Dalton, OH that made various farm implements, and they rolled out a set of wheels with a 1" or so lip on them and put a cross piece on the spokes, drilled 2 holes and hot riveted them on. That cost me $300 back then, which seems like peanuts today. I'm sure a good fab shop could extend the spokes and make wheels to the OEM specs. but it won't be cheap. I'd definitely get a quote first. Seeing you're from Atlanta, I'm sure there are many qualified shops that could do that for you. Might pay to check several for prices.

/ Mccormick Deering NT1875 I need info on this tractor like the correct front wheels,
That is a 10-20 McCormick-Deering. The NT1875 on the tag stands for narrow tread. Doing a quick search found this info. " "NT" serial numbers began at 501 in 1926 and ended at 1960 in 1934." This info came from another tractor forum, and they got the info from 150 Years of International Harvester by C.H Wendel. I'd search using "10-20 McCormick-Deering NT" it may find the actual year you're looking for.

Here is info on it from Tractor Data TractorData.com McCormick-Deering 10-20 tractor information It's showing the front wheel as being 30" X 4.5". You might find a set in a salvage yard that specializes in such tractors or have a metal fab shop extend the spokes and roll out a set of new wheels. More then likely if you found an OEM set, they'd be rusted out and need to be replaced anyway.

I had a 10-20 30 years ago and someone had cut it down and put 18" rims & tires on it. The tires were shot and couldn't find any locally. Didn't have the internet to find things like that back then. I took it to an Amish fabricating shop in Dalton, OH that made various farm implements, and they rolled out a set of wheels with a 1" or so lip on them and put a cross piece on the spokes, drilled 2 holes and hot riveted them on. That cost me $300 back then, which seems like peanuts today. I'm sure a good fab shop could extend the spokes and make wheels to the OEM specs. but it won't be cheap. I'd definitely get a quote first. Seeing you're from Atlanta, I'm sure there are many qualified shops that could do that for you. Might pay to check several for prices.
Thanks for the info. I was planning on doing the work myself. Between me and my son we can make pretty much anything.

/ Mccormick Deering NT1875 I need info on this tractor like the correct front wheels, #4  
Good deal. Great if you have the equipment to make it.