meeting in augusta

/ meeting in augusta #1  

scottslavin

The John Deere TEAM in Augusta Ga. has assembleded a group of select customers to discuss proposed changes with the current 4000 series line up............Any suggestions or comments?

/ meeting in augusta #2  
Invite me at their expense is the best suggestion I have. I'll go anywhere to get away from the heat we are having here right now. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Seriously, they need to add a 4100 with more horsepower, or downsize the 4200. They do not have anything to compete in the size/horsepower range of the TC25D or the Kubota B2710/B2910. Also, as Bradey just mentioned the extendable lower lift arms is a tremendous feature as is the seat that rotates slightly on the Boomers. I have a JD4300 and think it is a great tractor but I think I would be looking at some of the features of my competitors and sizes of tractors they have and try a little imitation or maybe even improve on some of their features JD does not currently have. Also develop a hydraulic top link as an option that duplicates the length of their manual link. I spent a month trying to get a hydraulic top link that duplicated the extension and contraction lengths and still ended up loosing an inch off the extended length. I don't believe any of the major manufacturers have a Cat 1 hydraulic top link for their Compact utility tractors.

/ meeting in augusta #3  
Suggest to them that they read this, and other web sites for feedback on their machines. It's great that they're assembling a group of select people but potentially ignoring the rest of the available input would be a shame.

/ meeting in augusta #4  
Gotta agree with Branch. ALL the manufacturers out there are a day late and a dollar short if they don't religiously read this board. Here they have continuous, timely, and current "survey" information from actual customers. How many surveys do they send out that don't get returned? As a matter of fact I'm still waiting for a manufacturer rep to join as a Member and reply to some posts. (If I were CEO that would definiteley be in someones job responsibilities!)

/ meeting in augusta #5  
They could start there improvements on the hydraulics,#-1 the 3pt hitch leaks down and jumps back up while running indicating an internal leak of some kind. #2- I have an hyd. center link and it leaks out( while running) so fast it's almost useless.#3- the controls (hand levers and cables) for the 3rd & 4th scvs has to be about as cheap and worthless as Deere could find. #4- since I had the new axle installed(4600) I can't manuver forwards or reverse at low rpm it steers very hard, if I'm trying to drive into loader or back up to 3pt equipment it takes alot of forward and reverse attempts to get lined up. I know the small frames got bigger pumps & steering valves. #5- the female ends for loader hook up (hydralic) have all been replaced once because they leak after a while, running or not and I don't mean a drip now and then almost a steady strem. I am getting ready to replace two more. A swivel seat would be really nice, and a cab option on 4600 & 4700 would be nice. Fenders shake so bad at certain speeds(in feild and road) you think they're gonna fall off. budinohio.

/ meeting in augusta #6  
1. A more positive locking or attaching system for the mid range pto cover. It is plastic and it cracks, plus it falls off when raking hay. 2. Fuel gauge, needs to work better. Sometimes it registers and sometime it does not. 3. Move the hydro levers back so a person could get on the tractor from the pass. side.

Give them that in put. Thanks

/ meeting in augusta #7  
Ive got a 4100 HST with a loader and other options. It could use a little more HP. It lacks a little when operating the loader, but for what it has i am happy.