Messick's interesting heads-up about certain OEM parts thru Amazon

/ Messick's interesting heads-up about certain OEM parts thru Amazon #21  
One would think that their system would select the cheapest shipping without the customer having to request it. I've got a feeling the sock-it-to-em on the shipping is just another way to increase their profits.

It certainly was not so long ago on eB*y. That was a way of getting around having to pay a fee on the full price. I get really hacked when I'm charged some outrageous fee for shipping only to find when the item arrives, that shipping was a very small cost.

However - Free Shipping has almost become the standard now. The cost of shipping certainly is built into the selling price, but it makes price comparison much easier. Admittedly, I rarely buy anything these days that have 'shipping' or 'shipping and handling' tacked on; no thank you, handling is clearly another word for 'profit'.

/ Messick's interesting heads-up about certain OEM parts thru Amazon #22  
It certainly was not so long ago on eB*y. That was a way of getting around having to pay a fee on the full price. I get really hacked when I'm charged some outrageous fee for shipping only to find when the item arrives, that shipping was a very small cost.

While also giving the illusion you were getting a bargain. For that reason I've pretty much stopped buying from Rock Auto. Their shipping adds up quick, and it never fails if you order multiple items, they always seem to ship from multiple warehouses, so you get hit for shipping twice (or more). Might as well just go to Napa and have the part today.

However - Free Shipping has almost become the standard now. The cost of shipping certainly is built into the selling price, but it makes price comparison much easier. Admittedly, I rarely buy anything these days that have 'shipping' or 'shipping and handling' tacked on; no thank you, handling is clearly another word for 'profit'.

I buy quite a few used DVDs thru Amazon (independent sellers). Order 3 discs, get hit for 3x shipping, even though they arrive in the same envelope. I contacted one of them about this once and was basically told TS.
I get that these sellers need to pay warehouse help, shipping dept., etc. but that should be built into the price.

/ Messick's interesting heads-up about certain OEM parts thru Amazon #23  
I'll have to check and see if they have old mahindra 485 or international 444 parts.

I normally Amazon everything but since my tractor is a little harder to shop for I've had to try a bunch of websites. Dealer wanted 2 to 3 times the price online for a brake assembly.

/ Messick's interesting heads-up about certain OEM parts thru Amazon #24  
For service Messick's is second to none. For price and shipping cost Messick's is second to everyone. I have purchased from Messick's. Service and advice top notch. And I paid dearly for it.