Metric Bolts revisited

/ Metric Bolts revisited #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
http://www.nutsandbolts.com/metric-bolts.html?OVRAW=metric%20bolts&OVKEY=metric%20bolt&OVMTC=standard

Anyone having a hard time finding metric bolts should give these folks a call. Today I did for my 14mm x 1.5 x 50 bolts grade 10.9 that were absolutely nowhere to be found except from a Volkswagon dealer for more than I wanted to pay for them. I called these folks this morning. They are located 1 hour from my house. They had the dozen bolts that I needed and the cost was $2.93 apiece. They allow pickups there during the day and were very pleasant to deal with. They are located in Granby Ma. for anyone in our area. The place is located in a restored barn in rural country. If you don't see it on the website call. My bolts were not listed on the site. My wheel spacers are almost done. After dealing with a guy in Ca. and not getting a second reply I am making my own. A friend of mine is letting me use his lathe to turn them down to my specs. I'll post a picture of them when they are done.

/ Metric Bolts revisited #2  
Did you ever try Alpine in Auburn MA? They just moved there from Oxford, and when they were in Oxford, I never found a fastener that they didn't have in stock. I assume that now that they are in a larger facility, they will have even a better selection.

/ Metric Bolts revisited #5  
Try Nutty.com They have a good selection and
are a pleasure to deal with.

/ Metric Bolts revisited #6  
Just a quick note about Alpine. Believe it or not their new location does not allow walk-in traffic. A zoning issue with Auburn MA that was a condition of them being allowed to open there. In order to go there you need to have "an account". Probably not a big deal as they allow cash and charge card accounts. These type of industrial supply places exist in most areas of the country.

Andy

/ Metric Bolts revisited
That figures about not being able to walk in. I went to 3 scrap yards last week to buy steel for my rear wheel spacers. all 3 told me they were not allowed to sell any items to the public. Leave it to Ma. to have laws like this. Then they wonder why no one wants to stay here or open a business here. I tried to open a small business out of my house a few years ago. The zoning board said that UPS would be making too many deliveries at my house which would cause traffic problems. Idiots.

/ Metric Bolts revisited #8  
I would have sent them to you for that price + shipping /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Metric Bolts revisited #9  
This one should cover most areas. Curtis industries out of Cleveland Ohio handle metric 10.9 bols up to m24x3.0 x 150. They have reps covering most states who will call on you and ship to your door. May be a little pricy, but a lot cheaper than not having the right part. Reach them at 1-800-555-2878.
For those in Canada, they are out of Toronto at 1-800-268-9939.
If you know anyone in automotive parts (dealerships) ,
these are the same people who supply the code cutting equipment for keys.