MF 1235 Mid PTO leaking

/ MF 1235 Mid PTO leaking #1  

BQ77

Tractor
MF-1235
Noticed my mid PTO was leaking fluid. Found the 2 bolts securing the cover plate were loose so I tightened them but leak persisted. Removed cover plate and saw that there was not gasket or seal present. Assumed one was needed so I bought and created a gasket for the cover plated. Installed cover plate (with newly created gasket) but leak still present. The leak appears to be coming from around the PTO shaft itself.
Mid PTO has never been used on this tractor and tractor has approx. 150 hrs on it.

Any suggestions as to fix the leak. (leak approx. 2 drips per min. Thanks.

/ MF 1235 Mid PTO leaking #2  
At first blush it almost has to be the seal around the pto shaft. They do have a seal for sure. The gasket and cover plate would not fix the issue. Not familiar with your machine but SOME of these tractors have the mid-PTO being a dealer installed option, not factory. If the dealer sold it to you, you should visit the issue with him. In fact good idea to visit the issue with him no matter where you got the tractor. Probably very minor and he either has the seals or can order them for you and discuss how much of a deal it is to install the seal. If you do not have a shop manual, ask the dealer to copy the pages for you that describe replacing the seal. By the way, AGCO parts people and "Ask AGCO" websites are pretty good about such things. Still I'd try the dealer first. 150 hours is really a new tractor.

/ MF 1235 Mid PTO leaking #3  
iirc 1235 had mid mount as part of its base options.
if not used KNOWINGLY was it engaged and run on accident with no load for any length of time?
I, like JWR, think its a seal issue but I ask this odd question in case worn seal has damaged the shaft itself.
tractors pto shafts, car transmissions, truck transfer cases....all the same at that point. bad seal can damage shaft.