MF 130 Info

/ MF 130 Info #1  

AkSport

Tractor
None Yet
Hi, my first post. I'm considering buying a MF 130 diesel and I was wondering if any here have had personal experience with this model. This unit has a quick release loader, new king pins, newly overhauled engine, new rubber, and other serviced items. What specific items should I look for on a 130? Also, any one with a lead on a hard cab for th 130? Is it the same as a 135 cab?

Thanks Folks.

Mike P.

/ MF 130 Info #2  
Did you try the MF discussion Board?? I had a MF245 and don't claim to be an expert but have not heard of MF130?? Where are you in AK ?? I lived 13months Galena, 5years Eagle River, FISH ON!!! Good Luck David B /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ MF 130 Info #3  
I grew up on a 130. They were manufactured in France and often the guy at the MF parts counter referred to it as a "Vinyard Tractor" or "the little French Tractor". It did not seem narrow to me and had ample room to adjust the front axel out beyond where we had it set to match the rear tread width. The gages were bilingual with English over French for all the instrument labels. I don't know if that was due to it's European roots or Masseys global enterprise. I remember that the PTO lever allowed for CW and CCW rotation. We ran it for 20+ years with almost no trouble. I believe that it has a very similar chasis to the 135 and that a cab for the 135 would have a close fit. Good luck with it and keep in touch.

Stonewall