MF 135 Hydraulic Quadrant removal / replacement procedue?

/ MF 135 Hydraulic Quadrant removal / replacement procedue? #1  

Mental

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135 (1969)
Hi All,

First time tractor owner and first time poster :)

Of just had my 1969 Massey Ferguson 135 dropped off but it's suffered some damage on the way when it was lifted on and off the truck... :( They managed to snap off the clutch pedal and worse they managed to snap the casting and bend the shaft of the hydraulic control quadrant..!

Looking at replacement parts on eBay I can pick up the whole quadrant complete for a reasonable price but what I want to know is how easy a task is it to pull off the lift cover and swap out the quadrant? I've got hold of a service manual which has steps to break down the lift cover to each individual price but can I skip most of this if i'm just replacing the quadrant as pulling every lever, spring, clip etc is putting me off :)

Cheers

/ MF 135 Hydraulic Quadrant removal / replacement procedue? #2  
You must take the rh side cover off the let the walking beam loose. Remove the seat. Remove the outer bolts from the lift cover. Do NOT remove the 4 big nuts. The cylinder is held on there.
After you get the lift cover from the cherry picker to the table, you have to pretty much gut it, and find special tools to reset your lift functions.

Only a trained Massey mechanic should perform such a task. Or somebody with plenty of time who doesn't like being beat by engineers.

/ MF 135 Hydraulic Quadrant removal / replacement procedue? #3  
Who is they that dropped the tractor off and damaged it? Why aren’t they fixing it?

/ MF 135 Hydraulic Quadrant removal / replacement procedue? #4  
Who is they that dropped the tractor off and damaged it? Why aren’t they fixing it?
They should furnish him with a whole new/used lift cover

/ MF 135 Hydraulic Quadrant removal / replacement procedue? #5  
Hi All,

First time tractor owner and first time poster :)

Of just had my 1969 Massey Ferguson 135 dropped off but it's suffered some damage on the way when it was lifted on and off the truck... :( They managed to snap off the clutch pedal and worse they managed to snap the casting and bend the shaft of the hydraulic control quadrant..!

Looking at replacement parts on eBay I can pick up the whole quadrant complete for a reasonable price but what I want to know is how easy a task is it to pull off the lift cover and swap out the quadrant? I've got hold of a service manual which has steps to break down the lift cover to each individual price but can I skip most of this if i'm just replacing the quadrant as pulling every lever, spring, clip etc is putting me off :)

Cheers
What would it take to get an old school welder with experience to straighten out the shaft and use a nickel welding rod and torches to fuse that booger back together?