MF 135 Multipower problem fixed

/ MF 135 Multipower problem fixed #1  

AUS135

Tractor
MF 135
Hi All,
New to this site but thought I would post my recent experiences buying / fixing the multi power as I gained a lot of info from various threads on this site.
I Bought a multi power recently with 4000hrs on the tacho, The engine and tractor are generally in good condition but the multipower was not working therefore stuck in low which gives you no engine braking and can be quite dangerous if you are driving on hills etc as it "freewheels".
After a quick google search I did as follows,
1. drained transmission oil
2. removed PTO lever cover and unscrewed round filter, washed filter put it back in and refilled with new tranny tranny oil thinking that I had solved the problem.
this made the 3pl and loader work better but still no multipower.
3. After more research found that there is a separate filter / strainer for the multipower pump, drained oil again.
4. This filter is located next to the other round filter towards the front of tractor behind a tin guard ( can be bent to give better acess when cleaning) that wraps around the round filter. The multipower filter is SQUARE with a pipe coming from the top of it, it says you can remove it through pto cover but found this next to impossible.
5. Cleaned MP filter with a aerosol can of Degreaser solvent,( without removing it from tractor) it was absouloutly caked/ blocked in thick black sticky oily gunk. Rinsed with diesel and flushed bottom of tranny with diesel also. Refilled with Oil.

Multi power now works great, Full engine braking and Hill hold in forward and reverse.:thumbsup:

Cheers Ben
ps I was talking to and old mechanic who has retro fitted no mp 135 with multipower using MF spare parts and retro fitting a holden pump to the back of the main pump, he is a very clever man who has invented and manufactured his own machinery and he sais it is important if your multipower is only working in low mp to make sure you have the mp lever in Low on the dash or it can create more problems / wear the clutch. I would take his word for it as he is the local authority on MF 135 and a brillant Mechanic / engineer / inventer.:thumbsup: