mf 135 transmisson top cover remaoval

/ mf 135 transmisson top cover remaoval #1  

charlieinwv

Tractor
MF135 uk perkins diesel
I have a mf 135 UK Perkins diesel . I was going to clean the hyd .strainer ,after removing the PTO plate on the side, i find the small pump; while trying to remove it i noticed the steel line attached is loose on the other end. I need advice on getting the top cover off just to look at every thing. I have read BUNCH of threads . what is it that has to be removed to get cover off. thanks in advance

/ mf 135 transmisson top cover remaoval #2  
Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm going to move your thread to the Massey Ferguson section to see if someone over there knows.

/ mf 135 transmisson top cover remaoval #3  
Not much, remove the cover on the other side an remove the roller on the arm that controls the pump, remove the cover over the pipe that goes from the pump and up to the top.

/ mf 135 transmisson top cover remaoval #4  
Sounds like the tube from the hydraulic pump to the 3 point was not put in correctly. There is a little 2 bolt cover on the right front of the lift cover. Pull that cover the tube should come out with it, you will need to pull the round cover on the opposite side of the pto cover. If the tube is bent it needs to be replaced, if the tube is straight put a new o-ring on each end, insert the tube into the hole in the pump then put the 2 bolt cover back on, and it should be fixed.

/ mf 135 transmisson top cover remaoval #5  
Good points Kenneth, Charlie if you go to the MF section I have posted photo's that may help you. Replacing a few O-rings and adjustments made a major difference on my old 135. Great little tractor.

/ mf 135 transmisson top cover remaoval #6  
Good points Kenneth, Charlie if you go to the MF section I have posted photo's that may help you. Replacing a few O-rings and adjustments made a major difference on my old 135. Great little tractor.

And it sure beats having to pull the lift cover!

/ mf 135 transmisson top cover remaoval
i really appreciate the advice /answers . I havent had time to work on it any more,will update as time allows