MF 1428v hydraulic help

/ MF 1428v hydraulic help #1  

lcuinc

Tractor
MF 1428v
Hey everyone, I have been snooping this site for a long time now and really enjoy it. I now have a problem I am hoping someone here can help with. I have a MF 1428v and am having problems with the 3 pt and FEL not working properly. I was using it to move dirt and it just quit working. I changed the Hydraulic filter and fluid with no change. If I run wide open throttle the 3 pt will raise as long as there is no weight on it, the FEL will raise about as high as the hood, but very very slow. But at a slower engine speed it will not. I did have a hydro line break about 2 weeks before this happened, but it worked for quite a while after. Help.

/ MF 1428v hydraulic help #2  
If everything quit on you I would check the relief valve. After the obvious fluids and stuff of course. Could be a kinked feed line if you were off in the woods and hit something, but that does't sound like it.

I have seen before, the relief sticking open and losing all hydraulics. A simple tap with a small hammer freed it for a quick fix.

Where is your loader valve located? Can you snap a picture of it?

/ MF 1428v hydraulic help
Thanks for the reply. Where is the relief valve? I am fairly mechanical, but not with hydraulics. Nothing seems kinked or damaged. I was not in woods, just moving some piles of dirt when it quit.

/ MF 1428v hydraulic help #4  
On the loader control valve, there is a relief, a safety that allows just so much pressure to build. If ti cracked open, and got a little crap in it, or just jammed, it could get stuck open and no allow pressure to build.
It would be located in the loader control valve. There is one or more in the tractor as well.
Keep in mind you wont see a leak, it would be internal.
Is your valve located on the loader post, under the seat or on the tractor itself?

/ MF 1428v hydraulic help
Thanks for the help. Ended up being the o-rings in the loader valve. I finally got a chance to mess with it. Thanks for the help