MF 1734e fuel relay location

/ MF 1734e fuel relay location #1  

dansemans

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1734e
Hello, my 1734e will start but immediately quit running. I narrowed it down to either the fuel shut off solenoid or the relay that supplies power to the solenoid. I think it is the fuel relay because I also lose power to the electric fuel pump at the same time (I am assuming the electric fuel pump and the hold in side of the fuel shutoff solenoid are supplied by the same relay). can anyone tell me where this relay is located? Thanks for your help.

/ MF 1734e fuel relay location #2  
Umm... May want to review how fuel shut off solenoid operates... On my SCUT GC 1715 the fuel cut off solenoid is only activated during shut down, for about 10 seconds AFTER KEY OFF.... IT is not energised during normal engine run, but it may be a different design specification for your model ... Another thing is if I leave HST in gear and bail off seat with engine running , the fuel solenoid shuts down engine but when all is quiet I can hear electrical fuel pump still "clicking"....

Dale

/ MF 1734e fuel relay location #3  
Hello, my 1734e will start but immediately quit running. I narrowed it down to either the fuel shut off solenoid or the relay that supplies power to the solenoid. I think it is the fuel relay because I also lose power to the electric fuel pump at the same time (I am assuming the electric fuel pump and the hold in side of the fuel shutoff solenoid are supplied by the same relay). can anyone tell me where this relay is located? Thanks for your help.

Call Delbert Groff at MM Weaver in Leola, PA. 717-656-3107. Best service manager that I have worked with ever! I had your same problem, fixed! Thanks to another TBN member that mentioned this dealer.

/ MF 1734e fuel relay location
Thanks for the help I called MM Weaver and they talked me through several tests concluding that the controller is bad. He told me to check in to warranty (I thought it was out of warranty as I bought used). After having a dealer look into it the warranty expired yesterday (the same day I was working on it, what are the odds...). I hauled it in this morning and the dealer is investigating. Thanks again for the help.