MF 1742 Questions

/ MF 1742 Questions #1  

SIHunter

Tractor
NH Powerstar 75 Takeuchi TB235-2 Mini-Ex
I have a 2015 1742 HST. I have had some issues with the tractor slowing down going up a pretty steep hill on the road. For example it gets up to about 17 mph then going up the hill it slows to about 10 mph but the rpm's stay normal. I am wondering if I should try using synthetic hydraulic fluid and which would be the best to use for this tractor?

Also does anyone have a digital shop manual for this tractor.

Thanks for any assistance in either of these!

/ MF 1742 Questions #2  
What gear mode are you in - high mode (fast travel) will degrade alot going up any incline. Should be in the middle mode for hills. Shouldn’t need the low mode unless it’s really steep

Basically, if it’s lugging and your rpms are high, move down a mode

/ MF 1742 Questions #3  
Assume you know to "let up" on the go pedal to "gear down" with a HST trans.

/ MF 1742 Questions #4  
My 1736 has behaved like that a couple times. It’s a shuttle but still got boggy on a hill. It was winter both times and I’m pretty sure the diesel was starting to gel up. I made sure Power Service was in the tank after that winter and summer.
I poured some road diesel in a clear wine bottle early last winter. It was sitting on my cold workbench all winter. I noticed that it really started getting sort of thick with whitish streamers at only 10 F +- a few degrees . It didn’t gel till it was nasty deep cold but those funky streamers got awfully thick below 10. I was surprised to see it thicken that early.

/ MF 1742 Questions #5  
My 1736 has behaved like that a couple times. It’s a shuttle but still got boggy on a hill. It was winter both times and I’m pretty sure the diesel was starting to gel up. I made sure Power Service was in the tank after that winter and summer.
I poured some road diesel in a clear wine bottle early last winter. It was sitting on my cold workbench all winter. I noticed that it really started getting sort of thick with whitish streamers at only 10 F +- a few degrees . It didn’t gel till it was nasty deep cold but those funky streamers got awfully thick below 10. I was surprised to see it thicken that early.

It is amazing how some diesel can gel up. I believe the additive package or what you put in it for treatment plays a huge role in preventing gelling.

When my 1736 was new the fuel gelled in the water separator in late fall / early winter when the temps were in the teens even though I had started to use Power Service before then. It was only after I replaced both filters that the gelling issue went away. I guess the initial fuel was either not treated or had water contamination that was trapped in the filters.