MF 231S

/ MF 231S #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
i just looked at a 2000 model 231C with a bush hog brand FEL; for $14000. but , you can't operate the loader and the rear lift at the same time, plus neither works if the clutch is pushed in. Is this normal for a MF?? the tractor has 81 hours on it.
heehaw

/ MF 231S #2  
Re: MF 231C

You must mean a 231S. I just traded one in last week. The tractor sells around here for $12,500 new - Not sure what the loader costs. It has a two stage clutch that stops the hydraulics (and pto) when it is pushed in - That's why the loader doesn't work. As far as the loader and 3ph not working at the same time, I don't imagine the hydraulic pump can handle both. It has weak hydraulics that barely suffice for the 3ph.

TBone

/ MF 231S
Re: MF 231C

your right, it was an S, not a C..the hydraulics had a valve under the seat that had to be turned one way for the FEL, and then the other for the 3pt..and the valve seemed to be a real pain to turn..my first tractor was a ferguson TO20 or 30, and the hydraulics worked the same way, i swore i'd never end up like that again, on purpose anyway..using a post hole digger was a real pain..i guess the price was good if a person was going to buy one..the FEL is usually @ $3500 or more.
heehaw