MF 4700 Series

/ MF 4700 Series #11  
Forgot to mention, the 931 and 931X use the same loader mounts.

/ MF 4700 Series #12  
i bought a 4710 in april traded my 4610 for it and it is much more tractor than the 4610 has large cab and its very quiet.that was the biggest complaint with nthe 4610 it was very noisy.it has the same engine but even it is much quieter and smooth running.it handles these steep hills around here with ease and the radial tires and air ride seat make it a very comfortable ride very pleased so far.i know this tractor is assembled in china but it has much better build quality than the Japanese 4610 or the Brazilian 481 I had. im glad to see massey making their own tractors again as the global series were designed and built from the ground up,and are more like the heavy built masseys of the past.the price is very competive too,

/ MF 4700 Series #13  
   / MF 4700 Series #14  
Tractors made in China look very reliable when buying, asking is ? How these tractors will look like after half a year of work and how all parts of the sheet will look. I do not believe that all sheet metal parts (small and large) are treated against corrosion (painting is poor - cataphoresis is required). I prefer European quality - ZETOR: ZetorNA (@ZetorNA) on Twitter

/ MF 4700 Series #15  
I've had my MF Global 4707 for about 4 months. It is a great tractor. I got mine with the 931 Loader. If you are doing loader work get the 931 not the 931x. Many bad 931x stories. Yes it's made at a new factory in China. But it's a Global tractor . Also manufactured in France. The loader are actually ALO/Quicke. The tires are Norwegian. The 4WD front axle is either US/DANA or Italian/Carraro. The engine roots are Finnish/SISU ( now Agco power ). The design was mainly done in France. It is way heavier duty than the 4600 series. The Cab is spacious and well layed out. The heat and air are very good. Get the deluxe with the 12/12 wet clutch shuttle. You can shift just using a button on the shift lever. And the PTO up/down buttons on the fenders will make your life easy. Also here in the US the 4707 ( 70HP ) doesn't use DEF. The bigger brothers 4708 4709 4710 do use DEF. I've got about 75 hours on it, very happy with this choice!

/ MF 4700 Series #16  
I have been looking at the 4707 also. It looks to be built very well. Also interested in the new 2018 LS MT5.73. The LS does have twice the powertrain warranty (6 years). None of the dealers have one in stock yet though.

Will be getting a hands on look at the 4707 this week.

/ MF 4700 Series #17  
I was looking at a 4710 today at the farm show. I think it's a good looking tractor. The red paint sure stands out. But red is my favorite color. I love CASE/IH red as well!

IMG_2314.jpg

I just love the lights/grill configuration. I think it looks very good. Some may disagree.

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

The 931x loader looks way cheesy/flimsy and sticks out way far though. I'd like to see the heavier 931 loader.

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

Other Massey's I have interest in:

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

Last edited:
   / MF 4700 Series #18  
I have been looking at the 4707 also. It looks to be built very well. Also interested in the new 2018 LS MT5.73. The LS does have twice the powertrain warranty (6 years). None of the dealers have one in stock yet though.

Will be getting a hands on look at the 4707 this week.

Look at the months AND hour limitation on the warranty. Unless the failure is a result of weathering from sitting outside, it is hours of use that typically contribute to a failure, not actual time (age).