MF 4710 Stump Bucket

/ MF 4710 Stump Bucket #1  

Jjprusk

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 4710
Has anyone have any experience using a stump bucket, such as a Titan Stump Bucket, on a Massey Ferguson 4700-series? Just curious how well these work on our tractors.

/ MF 4710 Stump Bucket #2  
No but I wish I did ! I suspect that is a nice tool for most any sturdy FEL. I assume you are using a quick-attach skid steer type loader connection. My experience is with a MF2660 and a DL250 loader. I tried to dig up the root chunk of some locust trees (not that big, 30ft trees of maybe 10 inch diameter) and bent my loader frame/attach points/ overall configuration. Max throttle, 4WD, low gear, nut case driving it ... yep. Bent loader. I wish I had a heavier duty loader but not real sure the DL 260 would be any better. Kind of funny but when I talked to the dealer about getting it straightened, maybe using an automotive frameshop, etc. His best mind behind the desk said -- "You did not hear it from me, but of you bent it you can unbend it." And I did. Just went to a similar stuick stump, dug under it on the reverse edge of the loader, put the right torque on it in the reverse direction and bent it back to level. It was probably 3 to 4" out of level at the bucket edge. Now... I wish to heck I had bought and used one of those narrow stump buckets you are considering. Centers the load, Avoids torque. BY THE WAY -- no manufacturer publishes torque specs on their loaders ! And the National Tractor Test Facility at the Univ of Nebraska does not test for it.

/ MF 4710 Stump Bucket #3  
So far as I know Titan makes good equipment. I own none. I do own a Lane Shark FEL mounted hydraulically driven front cutter. I do not like what Titan reportedly did, buying a Lane Shark and then apparently copying it and selling an indentical product (which I stumbled into in the form of a Titan brochure at my dealer.) I heard they duked it out in court. I do not know the outcome. I do know I have a sour taste regarding Titan. But that's just me. Several people make "stump buckets."

/ MF 4710 Stump Bucket #4  
I just bought the Titan Stump Bucket for a 1735m and it works great. On small (less than 6 inch diamater), it took me less than 2-3 minutes each to yank out whole root system of 15+ trees. Took about an hour to dig out a 3 foot in diameter cedar tree. I was worried that the small end at the front would bend but it didn't.

Installing was a piece of cake with the skid steer quick hitch. Easy on, Easy Off

I don't regret the purchase at all - only negative is the 4 week delivery time.

Last edited:
   / MF 4710 Stump Bucket #5  
Use an FL series loader and you will be fine. It might be a bit much for a 900X series loader.

/ MF 4710 Stump Bucket #6  
Just put your forks close together. I rip trees out all the time with forks. In fact, I will openly compete with a stump bucket. Because I can spread them out and put the trees on the brush pile and not change attachments.