MF 50 Tricycle Tractor

/ MF 50 Tricycle Tractor #1  

Farmgirl135

Tractor
MF 135 Diesel
50.jpg

My dad owns this great little MF 50 tricycle tractor and I've been looking everywhere for information on it. Everything I have found thus far shows a 50 with four wheels and this one has three. Any ideas on where I can find out more on its value? I wanna say it's a 1969.

/ MF 50 Tricycle Tractor #2  
I have no info to add, but only a compliment... that's one fine old tractor! Awesome! Thanks for sharing the picture!

/ MF 50 Tricycle Tractor #3  
View attachment 533036

My dad owns this great little MF 50 tricycle tractor and I've been looking everywhere for information on it. Everything I have found thus far shows a 50 with four wheels and this one has three. Any ideas on where I can find out more on its value? I wanna say it's a 1969.

Probably more like a '59. Look on the left side of the engine...should be a plate there..tell us what it says...bobginva

/ MF 50 Tricycle Tractor #4  
   / MF 50 Tricycle Tractor #5  
That must be VERY RARE. I always called those "Row crop" tractors "Widow Makers". Is it Gasoline or Diesel? I have NEVER seen this particular model.

/ MF 50 Tricycle Tractor #6  
That must be VERY RARE. I always called those "Row crop" tractors "Widow Makers". Is it Gasoline or Diesel? I have NEVER seen this particular model.

It has a 4 cyl Continental engine... and is probably a Z134 engine (I think they used that engine on the MF50...BobGinVA

/ MF 50 Tricycle Tractor #8  
I imagine the first place you looked was TractorData.com . Here's the link if you haven't seen it. TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 5 tractor information
I found it interesting that the Massey Harris 50, the Ferguson 40, and the MF 50 were the same tractor.

Yes, that's the first place I looked, but no reference to a "tricycle" MF50, but there was for a MH50. And again you're correct - they do appear to be the same tractor.

BobG, yes, at least according to TractorData, MH50, MF50 and F40 did have a Z134 Continental. MF50 reportedly also had options of a Z134 Propane/LPG version and a 3cyl Perkins diesel. And that link I previously posted was they only place I found a reference to a MF50 tricycle.

Indeed, that could be a very rare tractor. :thumbsup: Farmgirl, could you ask your Dad if he knows more about it - especially if it was always a tricycle? Oh, and can we please see more photos of this tractor ... and your 135 as well? :D I also have my late father's 135, which I practically grew up on. That's the one my daughters both prefer to drive. :laughing: