Oil & Fuel MF 65 Injector Pump--I Think

/ MF 65 Injector Pump--I Think #1  

tkbarranch

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 65 Diesel
My MF 65 runs great, with no leaks of oil or diesel. The problem is, after I start it & let it idle for about 30 minutes it will start speeding up & slowing down on its own five or six time & then die. If I take it right out in the field, it will run about 15 minutes, speed up one time on its own & then die. When it dies like this, it takes me forever to get it started again. Once I do get it to start, it is not hard to start it until it dies on its own. The only thing I can see would this being the injector pump. Can someone give me some advice on how to fix this, or tell me what else it may be.

Thank you

/ MF 65 Injector Pump--I Think #2  
Do some easy checks first.Fuel cock on the bottom of the tank is it all the way on.Check the fuel filters [maybe install new ones] possible to be plugging up.Fuel pump could be going bad.Check the easy stuff first,before getting into the injection pump.Larry

/ MF 65 Injector Pump--I Think #3  
G'day as Larry said check the easy stuff frst you should also have a gauze filter on the fuel tap to check it you have to pull the tap out of the tank, you could also have a screen in the top of your lift pump ( the one bfore the inj pump) usually a single screw or bolt holding the top cover on pull it of and check as that is a great spot for s@#t to hide as it is often overlooked in serviceing

Jon

/ MF 65 Injector Pump--I Think #4  
very good advice always check the easy items first.

/ MF 65 Injector Pump--I Think #5  
I had a marine application that did the same thing.
Start right up and run for awhile then die.
Finally found rust was plugging the "suck" line between the tank and the filter. When the engine was off, seems the rust would dis-lodge under the "no suck" condition then replug the line after I started it again.
Cleaned all the lines, cleaned the tank using a fuel pump and hose attached to remove the rust.
Then installed a screen on the fuel pick-up end in the tank.
All that did the trick!
Good luck, Dave