MF 65 w/ FEL hydraaulic ?

/ MF 65 w/ FEL hydraaulic ? #1  

Lucky Dog

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 65
I have a Massey Ferguson 65 with what I believe is a Davis or Massey 99 loader.
Both the lift arms and bucket cylinder drop at a fairly fast pace.

I believe that both the cylinders and the control valve are leaking past the seals.

Are either or both of these rebuildable? If so, where would ba a good place to start looking for replacement seals?

Thanks!

/ MF 65 w/ FEL hydraaulic ? #2  
I have a Massey Ferguson 65 with what I believe is a Davis or Massey 99 loader.
Both the lift arms and bucket cylinder drop at a fairly fast pace.

I believe that both the cylinders and the control valve are leaking past the seals.

Are either or both of these rebuildable? If so, where would ba a good place to start looking for replacement seals?

Thanks!

I have an original parts manual for the Massey/Davis 99 loader, I'll take a look tonight when I get home to see if they show a parts breakdown of the cylinders, and if I can provide you with some part numbers. I won't be able to upload pictures until tomorrow morning.

/ MF 65 w/ FEL hydraaulic ? #3  
G'day not sure if the seals will be avail ex massey anymore but any decent hyd shop should be able to supply seals for the cylinders the valve however if it has internal leakage then it needs replacing.

I would be resealing the cylinders first and see if that improves things

Jon

/ MF 65 w/ FEL hydraaulic ? #4  
As promised, here are a few pictures from the Massey/Davis 99 parts book. Hopefully this will at least help a little. Let me know if you need anything else. Just watch your parts, as most Massey 99 loaders came with single acting cylinders for the lift arms, and one double acting cylinder for the dump. My Massey 99 loader must have been upgraded in the past, as I have double acting cylinders all around.

Attachments

• dumpcyl1.JPG
    dumpcyl1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 171
  • dumpcyl2.JPG
    dumpcyl2.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 167
  • liftcyl1.JPG
    liftcyl1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 173
  • liftcyl2.JPG
    liftcyl2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 170
   / MF 65 w/ FEL hydraaulic ?
Thanks guys, I will start with the cylinders first.
Shaeff, do you know if the seals are still available through Massey?

/ MF 65 w/ FEL hydraaulic ? #6  
Thanks guys, I will start with the cylinders first.
Shaeff, do you know if the seals are still available through Massey?

No problem, I'm not sore if they're still available or not. So far mine haven't leaked yet so I haven't checked into it. There are a number of companies out there that can probably cross reference sizes for you though. I'd start at your nearest Massey or heavy equipment dealer.