MF1528 vs JD or NH

/ MF1528 vs JD or NH #11  
biker128pedal said:
The best explanation I have seen. Thanks. I am going Hydro is I can swing the payments.

I still have to decide. It is between the MF 1528, K B7800 or NH TC30. I like the seating and leg room of the 1528 but the oil filter looks almost impossible to get at. I am 6'-1" but have long legs. The B7800 needs a little more room.

Mike

I haven't changed the oil on mine yet, but leg room will be an issue every day. The oil filter will only be an issue every 150 hours. I'd take a little pain in the oil filter department in order to be more comfortable. I'm 6'3" and the Kubota was really cramped for me as well.

Mike

/ MF1528 vs JD or NH #12  
biker128pedal said:
I like the seating and leg room of the 1528 but the oil filter looks almost impossible to get at. I am 6'-1" but have long legs. The B7800 needs a little more room.

I have a 1428 and it's been a perfect machine for me. I have 8 acres and it's just the right size for my property.

I've changed my oil recently and I cursed whoever designed the freaking thing. I finally got it but it's tucked away in a place that really makes you scratch your head about it's placement. Luckily, I dont need to change it again until 300hr mark. I simply wish the manual said to remove the FEL before attempting to remove the filter. I didn't discover that until after I'd already drained the engine oil - I couldn't remove the FEL w/o running the engine - a perfect catch 22! It wasn't impossible with the FEL attached - it was just much more difficult.

It's just a small complaint - overall I'm very happy with the 1428.

/ MF1528 vs JD or NH #13  
Skip

I have a 2005 TC29D, with FEL and a landpride 1575 backhoe. It is in the shop for its second major repair in less than 650 hours. The transmission housing broke in half the first time, now the engine block has cracked between the front frame rail and the FEL mount. Its under warranty, but having a tractor down for three weeks for the second time is no fun. On my TC29D There is no continuous frame from front to rear, there are steel frame rails in the front but the engine and transmission housing are the frame through the middle of the tractor seem to be the weak link. I'm seriously looking at trading my New Holland in for a MF 1533 of 1540, they have a much heavier frame, from front to rear. Just my view, but I would hate to see someone else go through what I have had to endure, twice.

/ MF1528 vs JD or NH #14  
pdxskip said:
I'm trying to decide whether to buy an MF1528 or a JD3120 or NH TC30. I've been quoted $15,900 for the 1528, which seems high compared to what I have seen others on this list have paid in the past. Compared to the JD3120 and TC30, the loader for the 1528 seems to be a poor choice (i.e., 25% lower lifting capacity). Also, the warranty on the 1528 is only 2 years vs 3 years for the other machines. Otherwise the machines are relatively similar on paper. Is there something I'm missing that would make the 1528 a better choice?

Thanks, Skip
Skip be very very careful when you compare the loaders. Make sure the measurement points are at the same place. If one brand measures at the "pivot point" and another measures at "19.2" forward" or "500mm forward" of the pivot point then the tractor measured forward of the pivot point will look like it has lower capacity. IN FACT the loaders may be nearly equal. The laws of physics come into play, but the farther forward of the pivot points you measure, the lower the loader's capacity is. So 2 different loaders, if measured at different points may APPEAR to have different capacities but may in fact be equal.

Confused yet? :confused:

Again with the warrenties, read them carefully. Most are 2 years "bumper to bumper" but 3 years on the engine.

/ MF1528 vs JD or NH #15  
I have a GC 2300 ( now replaced by the 2400) & wished I'd waited & got a 1528
I'd be happy with a folding roll bar & tac.