3-Point Hitch MF231 S hydraulic lift problems

/ MF231 S hydraulic lift problems #1  

Davidmccollister

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 231S
I have a MF 231 S that the lift will pick up fine but when you go to lower the implement it will not unless you have a lot of unnecessary weight or you get off and go push down on implement. This tractor was bought new and always kept inside and has around 1500 hours. With that said it did have water in the hydraulic fluid and was in there for some time not sure how long. Most likely the water got in there from being washed with water hose as my granddaddy was very picky and washed it off after every use before parking in his shop. The tractor normally has a bush hog on it and it will raise and lower it with out the extra weight but it don't lower it as fast as it should, kind of slow and floating. I'm assuming the bush hog will lower because of the effective weight it has on lift. My disk is a woods 6ft and will not lower it unless I add weight, which I have 4- 6"x8"x6' oak timbers. I have the same problem with my box blade as well. I drained contaminated fluid and flushed and cleaned strainer and refilled to proper level with proper fluid. The man at dealership where tractor was bought new said that they had a similar problem with one like it that the lift shaft in the lift cover assembly froze up due to there being no grease fittings to lubricate the shaft. Not sure if that maybe a problem or not. Any help would be great. Thanks.

/ MF231 S hydraulic lift problems #2  
cross shaft frozen by rust...drill and tap to fit a zerk on both side under the seat