Mf65 steering column

/ Mf65 steering column #1  

Admiral

Tractor
MF 65
Any suggestions for eliminating slop in steering column in mf65? Parts, bushings, machining, etc?

/ Mf65 steering column #2  
It's a project. I have slop in mine. I just recently picked it up.

I'm leaving it for now on mine but I know there are a number of posts online on tightening up the steering box.

/ Mf65 steering column #3  
the steering arm at the front of the tractor in te centre of the cast front end snapped off, i got a new one and installed it , but now my steering is out of timing , how can I correct this issue?

/ Mf65 steering column #4  
the steering arm at the front of the tractor in te centre of the cast front end snapped off, i got a new one and installed it , but now my steering is out of timing , how can I correct this issue?
Welcome to TBN. You needed to start a new post, but here is your answer. I robbed this off of another site for Ford N tractors, but it is the same.

You "time" all three sets of gear teeth so they are in the middle of the mating part.
That's about all there is to it.
Set the box on the tractor and hook up all the linkage (loosely) when you get done.
You can easily see if it is steering farther to one side than the other if you did it wrong.

Attachments

• D784C7A8-548E-471A-92D1-C2047E27BFF1.png
    D784C7A8-548E-471A-92D1-C2047E27BFF1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
   / Mf65 steering column #5  
Just saw this slip can be taken out with nut and adjusting screw on side of box make sure it stays smooth if you have power steering up front, there is a master spline for arm and shaft