Mid 80 Bolens/where to service?

/ Mid 80 Bolens/where to service? #1  

jhb

Silver Member
Tractor
BX23
I foundan an add for a mid 80's Bolens tractor. Before I contact the seller, I would like to know where I can get parts for this. I believe bolens at the time was made by Iseki?

Do they have a website with a dealer locator?

TIA, I just want to appear somewhat informed when I contact him...

/ Mid 80 Bolens/where to service? #2  
MTD has or at least did have Bolens. Troy Bilt had them before that. Bolens used to be a good, strong tractor, but getting parts now can be a problem. There are no dealers that I know of. I would not buy it. Just my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Mid 80 Bolens/where to service? #3  
Any MTD dealer should be able to help you out. If not and MTD dealer look at Dixie Sales, thats who we get our stuff from. Good luck.

/ Mid 80 Bolens/where to service? #4  
If it is a Bolens diesel tractor, it was (with a few exceptions made by Mitsubishi) made by Iseki, and parts are available through AGCO dealers, Rainbow distributors, and other sources. MTD bought the lawn and garden naming rights, dont waste your time there. The Bolens compact tractors represent a great used value - most people, like those on this post, dont know what they are, so the values are depressed. Run down to the Iseki forum and read around, plenty of support, and it is not hard to find an AGCO/Massey/Case dealer in most parts.

If by chance this is a bolens lawn tractor, there are websites dedicated to them as well....either way, I would not hesitate to buy a used bolens.