Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #101  
Being this is a Milwaukee BATTERY thread.

Has any of you ever tried their pole saw or that pruning pole saw?

The pruner one does have my interest after someone brought up that they wished they made such. I found in a quick search they already have them.

I have the Milwaukee pole saw and absolutely love it and I have used mine far more than normal homeowner use over the last 3 years that I have owned it, I don't ever plan on going back to a gas powered pole saw, but with that being said I think there is a fine line where gas powered just simply out performs battery and while I also have a Milwaukee battery powered chain saw with a 16" bar and really like it for limbing and other small projects it in no way could replace my gas powered chainsaws, so IMO the 10" bar on the polesaw can compete with gas powered polesaws but when you get into cutting large hardwood trees and logs gas powered is still king. I am curious as to why other manufacturers have gone to 24, 48, and even 60 volt batteries yet Milwaukee is still getting it done with the 18 volt Fuel system .

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #102  
From their website, and one of the many reasons I chose Milwaukee M18 cordless tools.
'We are committed to protecting our users's investments by providing high performing, trade-focused solutions that are fully compatible with M18™ REDLITHIUM™ batteries. The M18™ system has over 200 performance-driven solutions, and growing!'
They continue to improve their battery and motor technology rather than change platforms.
I like that they are very committed to the trades not having a truck full of different batteries and chargers.
Patrick

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #104  
Except Makita blows Milwaukee out of the water with a lineup of Pro Duty cordless that is up to 325 tools. You can even get Demo saws that perform as good as electric.
Makita rules over "The World Of Concrete Show" that is in Vegas every year.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #105  
Except Makita blows Milwaukee out of the water with a lineup of Pro Duty cordless that is up to 325 tools. You can even get Demo saws that perform as good as electric.
Makita rules over "The World Of Concrete Show" that is in Vegas every year.
Is that what you own?

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #106  
The Milwaukee quick lock pole saw and weed eater has worked well for me so far.
I have gone through a few chains I use it so much. Great on mid size saplings, autumn olive and trimming low hanging branches.
20240405_173407.jpg

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #107  
I was unsure about getting a battery chain saw, until the power company had to clear a path in to our house to replace a pole. They were using a battery saw, and I asked how he liked it. He said that he was uncertain when they first started using them, but now thought they were great.

So, about two weeks later my 60v weed eater died. I had been happy with it, so I thought I'd just buy another. Only, that model was no longer available.

Then I heard about a company that had been making battery operated tools for other companies and decided to sell their own brand. They made an identical weed eater, same battery, charger, and the price was good, so I ordered one. They also had a 16" chain saw, same battery and charger, with an Oregon chain and bar! It ran $189, free shipping.

So now I have three batteries, three chargers, and a chain saw that I really like. It will cut through the big oaks I have, and the batteries last pretty well.

The company is Power Works, and I am very pleased with their tools.

Tim