Mini-Backhoe

/ Mini-Backhoe #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
Have you ever seen one of these?

I built this just to see if it would work, and it did quite well.

I used a fork tine as the base and welded the pin mounts on the tine. The pictures show a 16 in bucket, and there is a picture of the hole I dug.

Fairly inexpensive, using a spare fork tine, a cyl, bucket, pins and brackets.

And yes, I know the cyl barrel is touching the fork base.

With my Power-Trac, I can turn the front end to dump.

Attachments

• HPIM0150.JPG
    HPIM0150.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 602
  • HPIM0148.JPG
    HPIM0148.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 413
  • HPIM0153.JPG
    HPIM0153.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 458
  • HPIM0154.JPG
    HPIM0154.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 460
   / Mini-Backhoe #2  
I have seen them for skid steers but I have never seen one mounted to an articulated loader before. I would think it would be easier to operate witn an articulating loader than a skid steer.

/ Mini-Backhoe #3  
That's neat JJ. Great work. I'd love to play with that. :thumbsup:

Chad

/ Mini-Backhoe #4  
Nice looking job JJ! That looks like a very handy tool for small jobs around the homestead.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose the Power Trac instead of a compact tractor. I know from your posts that you're very hydraulic savvy, does the Power Trac have hydraulic advantages over a CUT or was it some other factor(s)?

PH

/ Mini-Backhoe #6  
Sure looks like it would hands down beat any shovel I ever used. :D

/ Mini-Backhoe
PossumHound,

The answer is very simple. I have a Kubota B9200 for tractor work, and the Pt-1445 and a bunch of implements was to good of a deal to pass up. The PT uses a closed center hyd pump for hyd wheel motors on each wheel. A hyd pump for power steering and loader. and a hyd PTO pump for the hyd implements.

It is easy to work on, and uses standard parts. It uses motor oil as the hyd fluid.

Implements include hyd tiller, hyd trencher/stump grinder, hyd auger motor, 24 in auger for trees, hyd chain trencher, hyd flail mower.

I also have a Case 1845 skidsteer.

/ Mini-Backhoe #8  
PossumHound,

The answer is very simple. I have a Kubota B9200 for tractor work, and the Pt-1445 and a bunch of implements was to good of a deal to pass up. The PT uses a closed center hyd pump for hyd wheel motors on each wheel. A hyd pump for power steering and loader. and a hyd PTO pump for the hyd implements.

It is easy to work on, and uses standard parts. It uses motor oil as the hyd fluid.

Implements include hyd tiller, hyd trencher/stump grinder, hyd auger motor, 24 in auger for trees, hyd chain trencher, hyd flail mower.

I also have a Case 1845 skidsteer.

Sounds like you got it covered for when you need to "work hard":D

Thanks!

PH

/ Mini-Backhoe #9  
Nice job JJ!