Mirror question M9000

/ Mirror question M9000 #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I have 2 M9000's , one with a cab and an open station. The cab tractor has mirrors (obviously), the open station don't I had to back my NH BR round baler into the barn this afternoon and park it in it's parking place. Not thinking about it much, I hooked the baler up to the open station M9 instead of the cab M9. All was good until I went to back in the barn and realized I cannot see to back up. Not good. Additionally, when roading (my fields are in remote from the farm locations), it's impossible to see if I have any vehicles behind me without turning around physically.

My question is, does anyone make a mirror kit for an open station tractor, don't care what the make is, I can adapt about anything.

Stopped by my dealer and asked him and he didn't know of any Kubota mirrors that would fit an open station tractor. Did a Goggle search and came up with zilch as well.

I saw a picture somewhere of a Branson (I think) open station with mirrors. I could really use a set.

Any ideas?

/ Mirror question M9000 #2  
For an open station tractor, OEM ROPS fitted mirrors are an expensive option.

My observation of TBN threads, and what I did myself, is to mount a rear-view mirror off of the top of the FEL 'post'. A mirror (or 2) can be found easily at an auto-parts shop and I found that the one for a van worked best. Depending on the FEL post, you can have a mounting bracket knocked up at a metal fabrication shop after supplying them with a template... that's what I did and, after priming & painting (plus a wee decal that I had in my shop), it looks OEM.

My single mirror is mounted on the right FEL post because I drive on the left side of the road when 'off property'.

Attachments

• mirror 1 (3).JPG
    mirror 1 (3).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
  • mirror 1 (2).JPG
    mirror 1 (2).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 75
  • mirror 1 (1).JPG
    mirror 1 (1).JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 82
   / Mirror question M9000 #3  

My observation of TBN threads, and what I did myself, is to mount a rear-view mirror off of the top of the FEL 'post'. A mirror (or 2) can be found easily at an auto-parts shop and I found that the one for a van worked best. Depending on the FEL post, you can have a mounting bracket knocked up at a metal fabrication shop after supplying them with a template... that's what I did and, after priming & painting (plus a wee decal that I had in my shop), it looks OEM.

My single mirror is mounted on the right FEL post because I drive on the left side of the road when 'off property'.

Nice new building you have!

/ Mirror question M9000

Not a bad alternative. I have about the same post setup as you do, just bigger and higher up. Only need a right hand mirror anyway. In as much as I own a fab shop, I can have an employee 'knock one up' no issue. I was thinking there was something along the factory lines that might work. Most owners don't need a mirror but in my case, I do.

/ Mirror question M9000 #5  
Not a bad alternative. I have about the same post setup as you do, just bigger and higher up. Only need a right hand mirror anyway. In as much as I own a fab shop, I can have an employee 'knock one up' no issue. I was thinking there was something along the factory lines that might work. Most owners don't need a mirror but in my case, I do.

I forgot to mention that I also cut up a rubber mat to make anti-vibration gaskets for where the mounting bracket meets the FEL and where the mirror arm meets the bracket.

Absolutely no vibration = clear image.

/ Mirror question M9000 #6  
I had a 3-point snow blower on my first tractor. Three plus hours to blow the driveway, mail box & yard. Always a stiff neck and shoulders after a snow clearing job.

I attached a mirror but too much vibration. I never thought of "anti-vibration gaskets". Would have made the one mirror very useful.

/ Mirror question M9000 #7  

Beautiful setup, mirrors, lights, first aid, fire extinguisher and all; (even if the tractor is green). Just curious though, why the two different size attachment bolts (one large and one smaller one)?

/ Mirror question M9000
Did a little more searching and found them (keywords are everything I guess... All States Ag has them for JD & Kubota and they mount to the loader posts. $49.95 each, free shipping (on Amazon). 5 x 7 mirrors with mount brackets. Just ordered a pair. That should eliminate my backing with implement issues.

/ Mirror question M9000 #9  
Beautiful setup, mirrors, lights, first aid, fire extinguisher and all; (even if the tractor is green). Just curious though, why the two different size attachment bolts (one large and one smaller one)?

There are pre-existing holes at the top of the FEL posts and those were the sizes... if you look at the last photo you can see the left-hand post with the two holes. One of them is 'black' as there is a plastic insert (for some reason). I believe that the existing holes are there for craning/hoisting the FEL around during OEM manufacturing/assembling. :)