Misc. TC33D info.

/ Misc. TC33D info. #1  

Mike H

Silver Member
Tractor
TC33D 7308 loader 757C backhoe
Time for my 50 hour service so I thought I'd make some comments on my TC:

Diesel consumption was 0.77 gal/hr. Big difference brushhogging vs. working the backhoe. I'm guessing it was more like 1 gal/hr mowing but I didn't measure.

Filling up (with a can) tonight, I decided that it would have been better if the diesel fill and loader stick were not both on the same side. It would be easier if the the full platform were available to stand on. I'm pretty skinny so it no problem for me, but a big guy might not like it. Then again, I probably struggle more with the 40+ lb full can!

Took the backhoe off for the first time tonight. Again, I've never done this nor seen it done. Took 10 minutes and I fumbled a bit. I've got the 7 1/2 foot NH backhoe. It uses a subframe and attaches at the 3 pt toplink. Studying this a bit more tonight, I rather like the use of the 'pin joint' via the toplink - no bending stresses can go into the tractor frame through this (I'm only refering to the toplink). I hadn't thought about that before. None of the 3 point equipment was removed to install the backhoe. When I got it, the side links had been raised all the way up and spread out. Looks to me like they will easily tuck inside (i.e. in the middle) so when I reinstall I'll try it that way. That would also declutter the entryway onto the backhoe operator platform.

Only problem I've had so far is that I've got a slow air leak in a front tire. I even got a decent gauge to measure it. It's losing 1 psi/day. So tonight I took it swimming (i.e. dipped it in the pool). Sure enough, I've got something stuck in it. I've got R4's. What do you think - should I take it to a tire repair place or wait 'til it gets worse or . . . .?

Cost about $50 for the NH filters for the 50 hour maintenance (oil, fuel, hydraulic, & HST) but $35 was in the hydraulic filter. NH 134 hydraulic fluid was $7 for a gal. (I'm sure it's less in qty).

So far so good. I'm not taking it back!

/ Misc. TC33D info. #2  
Mike, I don't know about everyone else, but I fix all tire leaks as quickly as possible. If it still has something stuck in it, the flexing of the tire rolling may cause whatever is stuck in there to move around a bit and do even more damage. As far as waiting for it to get worse, maybe I'm a pessimist, but I figure it'll go flat and have to be fixed at the worst possible time./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Misc. TC33D info. #3  
Mike H,

50 hours already...you just got that thing! Glad you're enjoying it, sounds like it really fit the bill for you! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Misc. TC33D info. #4  
Mike H - Thanks for all the detailed info. That's the kind of detail stuff I hang around this board for.

So, was the .77 gph an average between both backhoe use and mowing?

As for the leak, I concur with Bird: Fix it as quickly as possible. What brand and size tire is it?

Mark

/ Misc. TC33D info. #5  
Nice report Mike,

Front tires are not too hard to just take to a tire shop and have them fixed right.

If the tires are not filled, the liquid tire sealant works pretty well, otherwise a plug gets you running pretty fast.

I had about the same experience with my 40 HP Massey. It usually got about 1 gallon/hour when operated at PTO speed. It was a Cummings 3 Cylinder Diesel. Unfortunately, you had to get up on the hood to fill it with diesel, so was glad that it didn't use much. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Misc. TC33D info.
Mark: mowing time was about 1/3 of the backhoe time. I'd say 12 hours w/ the rotary cutter to about 36 hours backhoe and misc. loader work. I've got a chunk of mowing in front of me this weekend - I'll see if it works out to the 1 gal/hr mowing that I suspect.

Jim: OK, I lied - I really only have 48 hours!!! And a whole lot of work lined up.

Bird, Mark, Wen - thanks for the tire tip - took it to a place near my workplace during lunch today. 15 min. and $8 later I was patched up and ready to roll. It was thorns.

/ Misc. TC33D info. #7  
Mike H - As you accumulate GPH data, would you mind posting it to the 'Diesel Gal/Hr' discussion on the Kubota Owning forum? I know it's not a Kubota, but it sure would be nice to keep all that data in one place as a reference...

Mark

/ Misc. TC33D info. #8  
Mike, I bought a TC29D in end of February it has supersteer and the 7308 front end loader and the 757C 7 1/2 ft backhoe. I have 86 hours showing on the hourmeter (it arrived with 1 1/2 hours showing). this would be landscaping only as I don't have the brushcutter attachment yet. The diesel consumption is around the same as yours .77 gallons/ hour. I am curious about the top pin link for the backhoe. Mine attaches to the two subframe hookups under and in front of the "floorboard area" and in the square "C" under the fixed hitch. where does the top pin link connect to on the backhoe?