3-Point Hitch Mitshubshi mt180d lifting arm problems...

/ Mitshubshi mt180d lifting arm problems... #1  

LewysHurst

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT180d
Hi
I have a mitshubshi mt180d and I've removed the back hoe which has its only hydraulics run off PTO, but the lifting arms are stuck in the up position.

I have tried with bars to push down while moving lifting lever, the pump changes tone so I no it's trying to work, but no movement what's so ever.

People I have spoken to say its very unlikely that the arms have seized, and that there should be a switch/lever to change from front hydraulics to rear, but I have looked everywhere and in the manual and can't find anything. All I can see if a adjustment knob for the hydraulic but nothing moves the arms.

If anyone could give me any advise at all that would be great

Thanks

P.s tractor has front loader on too.

/ Mitshubshi mt180d lifting arm problems... #2  
I'm not familiar with your model but on mine when I bought it the previous owner lifted the 3pt with no implement on it. Because it was mainly used for towing in it's previous life the lift cylinder was full of crud so when it went up the piston jammed. I had to disassemble it, whack the piston down with a brass punch and hone it out. Something similar could be your problem.

/ Mitshubshi mt180d lifting arm problems...
Thanks for that, was it much of a problem to dissemble ?
On your model have you a lever or switch to switch from front to rear hydraulics?

Anyone else have any other ideas?
Thanks again

/ Mitshubshi mt180d lifting arm problems... #4  
It was pretty straightforward to disassemble. The assembly is right on top of the gear case. No switch on mine for front to rear (no front on my tractor anyway) You will probably need a manual just to make sure you are getting the right parts opened up

/ Mitshubshi mt180d lifting arm problems... #5  
I have had lift arms be frozen in the up position after a tractor sat for a long time. Mine was due to disuse, and water in the hydraulic fluid. The resulting corrosion in the lift cylinder locked the piston in place, and kept the arms from lowering fully. I used a long 4x6 piece of lumber and wedged one end underneath the axle housing and across the lift arms, then loaded the 4x6 with my body weight. After a couple bounces it all broke loose, and has worked fine ever since. The lift won't stay up for long, since the seals in the lift cylinder don't hold properly, but so long as the tractor is running the position control keeps it in one place. At some point I will do as skylarkguy did, and pull the thing apart, hone the cylinder, and replace the seals, but it hasn't been a priority for me yet.

I don't think there is any switch from forward to rear hydraulics. The loader is probably plumbed in series from the pump to the rear lift control valve. The pump's output will go to the loader valve "in" port, then out either the power beyond port or the return (depending on how your machine is configured). That hose (either power beyond or "out") will connect back into the line to the rear lift valve.

There is probably a lock valve that looks like a faucet handle or something under the seat. It is used to close off flow from the lift cylinder. Make sure it is unscrewed (open) so that the arms are free to lower.