Mitsubishi BD2G dozer track tensioner kit

/ Mitsubishi BD2G dozer track tensioner kit #1  

Bobsdozer

Tractor
Mitsubishi BD2G dozer
I have a I think it's a 1998 Mitsubishi BD2G dozer. I'm looking for a track tensioner kit for it. Any help would be appreciated thank.

/ Mitsubishi BD2G dozer track tensioner kit #2  
Many operators of older dozers simply extend their tracks using the blade mechanism to pull tight and then clamp a slit length of pipe or tubing to retain the extension.
Often that 'DIY cure' outlasts the remaining track life.
When the wear gets real bad some also remove one pad from each track to shorten it.

/ Mitsubishi BD2G dozer track tensioner kit
I can pump the track up tight with my grease gun. It's keeping it there in about 2 hours it's loose again. If I would put a piece of pipe in there if you would get something hard in the track it wouldn't work the. spring in there would it. Is that going to break something else my dose are only has 500 hours on it.

/ Mitsubishi BD2G dozer track tensioner kit #4  
How about using a higher viscosity grease?
We used to use a grease to pack wheel bearings that was called fibrous grease.

According to Google,,,
"
From a 1920 industrial chemistry manual: "Fiber grease is so called because it appears to be fibrous, especially when pulled apart; it is an anhydrous soda or potash soap (Class 1) mixed with mineral oil.""

That grease was MUCH harder to move than the stuff that you pump through a grease gun to lube your mower bearings.

You aren't using the grease as a lube, you are using it to take up space.

Hmmmmmmm,,,

I see NLGI #4 grease on Amazon,, that is similar to hard ice-cream,,
(You are probably using NLGI#2 grease now)