Model L

/ Model L #1  

LTDAVE

Tractor
JD L
Does anyone have a suggestion on how or where to carry hand crank while driving ? Thanks Dave

Attachments

• IMG_4159.jpeg
    IMG_4159.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 56
   / Model L #2  
Does anyone have a suggestion on how or where to carry hand crank while driving ? Thanks Dave
oh, you have a really nice looking one! I'm on the other tractor forum reading about an L being restored.

Plus, I didn't realize just how many attachments worked with those in the past. Even a mower!

/ Model L #3  
I haven't had mine out of the barn in so long, I can't even remember where the crank is kept.

SR

/ Model L #4  
Been 60 years since I had mine, but it had a "pocket" for storage between the frame and the engine. I recall removing it and replacing it, but don't recall what exactly was there to store it. Sorry. Envy of your L tho.

/ Model L #5  
Most I see kept in crank hole…

Almost bought one but couldn’t close the deal and the a great M came along

Attachments

• 8FA6BEE4-4CBD-428F-8F69-ED74225E59A9.jpeg
    8FA6BEE4-4CBD-428F-8F69-ED74225E59A9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
   / Model L #6  
That's showroom condition. (y)

/ Model L #7  
Been 60 years since I had mine, but it had a "pocket" for storage between the frame and the engine. I recall removing it and replacing it, but don't recall what exactly was there to store it. Sorry. Envy of your L tho.
A picture I took years ago of a model L equipped with a hydraulic snowplow.

Attachments

• JD L snowplow.jpg
    JD L snowplow.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
   / Model L #8  
tude
Thanks for the pic
Don't see the hand crank in the pic, nor a way to use it with the plow lifting frame in the way. Also don't see the L (or LA) with the starter package option.
But brings back good memories of the plow I had rigged up on my LA that incorporated the cultivator and mold board plow manual lift lever. Used it 1966 - 1971 to plow a long driveway.