Tractor Sizing modern replacement for 60 year old D4 & D2 Cat

/ modern replacement for 60 year old D4 & D2 Cat #11  
Sorry about your father, mine passed in December.

I was just making a little joke, I really don't judge young people by tats, hair or clothing ( although the but hanging out-pants hanging down thing really grates on me ). My hair looked much like your nephew carrot top when I was his age.

Oh, and the Goth thing irritates me to.

/ modern replacement for 60 year old D4 & D2 Cat
Sorry about your father, mine passed in December.

I was just making a little joke, I really don't judge young people by tats, hair or clothing ( although the but hanging out-pants hanging down thing really grates on me ). My hair looked much like your nephew carrot top when I was his age.

Oh, and the Goth thing irritates me to.

You made me laugh. That wild 'fro is funny and he knows it. When he's on the Cat it's pulled back tight ninja style.

Sorry for your loss as well. Even though I'm a grandfather it's still hard to loose my father. It's like the training wheels have finally come off running the farm and I'm not ready for it.

/ modern replacement for 60 year old D4 & D2 Cat #13  
That wild 'fro is funny and he knows it.

I thought it was a straw hat he was wearin untill I looked closer!

Can't judge a book by its cover... or a kid by their hair. If he's helpin out on the farm he's got one up on most youngins these days in my book. Past two weeks our local paper had kids (under 25) on the front page busted for meth labs or heroin. Sorry to derail the OP thread... nice old iron too!

/ modern replacement for 60 year old D4 & D2 Cat #14  
Something with about 100-120 pto hp, 4wd and duals would do quite well. With a powershift transmission and all that extra hp you'll be amazed at how much faster they are than the old crawlers for field work. Deere, International/Case-IH, Ford/New Holland, Allis Chalmers and others all made some good models that fit that description in the '80s. The 50 and 55 series Deere's were some of the best tractors Deere ever made, we have some from that vintage and they are rock solid despite being 25-30yrs old. (you'd want a 3150, 4050, 4250 size). I also have a good bit of experience with the 8000 series Allis Chalmers, (8010, 8030, 8050, 8070) they were good tractors as well. My uncle farmed with a fleet of them until he retired just a few years ago.

/ modern replacement for 60 year old D4 & D2 Cat #15  
Something with about 100-120 pto hp, 4wd and duals would do quite well. With a powershift transmission and all that extra hp you'll be amazed at how much faster they are than the old crawlers for field work. Deere, International/Case-IH, Ford/New Holland, Allis Chalmers and others all made some good models that fit that description in the '80s. The 50 and 55 series Deere's were some of the best tractors Deere ever made, we have some from that vintage and they are rock solid despite being 25-30yrs old. (you'd want a 3150, 4050, 4250 size). I also have a good bit of experience with the 8000 series Allis Chalmers, (8010, 8030, 8050, 8070) they were good tractors as well. My uncle farmed with a fleet of them until he retired just a few years ago.
I agree the 50 series are great tractors. One of our 4850s has 22,XXX hours on it.

/ modern replacement for 60 year old D4 & D2 Cat #16  

I would agree with everything said here. My dad sold Allis Chalmers for over 30 years. We have a very nice 8050 in the shed now that is a great tractor. I will add that White in the 2-105 is a really good unit also. They made a bunch of them and they are good rugged tractors that can be had for pennies on the dollar. We have one local here in NC that is IMHO a good buy. Not much demand here in the Piedmont for that much tractor. They can be had for really good prices.

white tractor 2-105