Modified my drawbar to actually be useful

/ Modified my drawbar to actually be useful
Another solution if you're just moving trailers around: a front trailer ball.
And mount it low enough to get under the tongue of a parked trailer. A ball on top of the loader bucket would likely be to high to do this.
kimg2005rhitchonym186dbucket-jpg.511565
Yup... I have a trailer ball welded on the quick tach top bar on my bobcat M610... super handy to just drop the bucket and go
20210519_151745.jpg
20210519_151620.jpg

Last edited:
   / Modified my drawbar to actually be useful #32  
See attachment, hitch receiver on drawbar. Alos, Hoye's four infh wheel extenders are visible.
That was the way I seen it also. But no extra 3pt. and I wasn't removing one for the very few times I use it. Plus I don't have to hook up the top link. Factory hole in the arm. Easy as long as your put the bolt in before you lift it. :confused: leave it there.

Attachments

• 000_0203.JPG
    000_0203.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 123
   / Modified my drawbar to actually be useful #34  
Nicely done. 👌

/ Modified my drawbar to actually be useful #35  
Thanks!!She's another a beauty if your talking about mine. I may break down and buy a can of paint. Grn. even. Starting to look it's age for the times I do use it. I'll have a whole 15$ in it. Paint it grn. and I
'll can get big bucks for them looking new. West coast money even different grn. they say though.... Tell Wayne we all said Hi!! Feeling kind of gay today!!........

Last edited:
Thanks Thomas

/ Modified my drawbar to actually be useful #37  
Needed to hook up to a utility trailer for serious tractor work.... hay ride for the kids.... not a fan of 3 pt drawbars and the stock one is about useless in stock form.... soooo I started cutting and welding... VERY pleased w my results....

Obviously the added length would reduce vertical capacity but I won't have more than a couple hundred lbs of tongue weight...View attachment 699033
View attachment 699034
I just bought a three point hitch for $139 that I can raise and lower. No need for the drawbar.

/ Modified my drawbar to actually be useful #38  
I just bought a three point hitch for $139 that I can raise and lower. No need for the drawbar.

Pros/Cons to that too.

Pros
- You can easily backup and hookup
- You can raise and lower the trailer without jacking it up.
- Some of these also have the ball on top for 5th wheel moving. Slick deal.

Cons
- limited to the tongue loaded weight of the trailer to the rating of the 3PT hydraulic lift. Going over could blow out the hydraulic seals on the tractor. So don't lift beyond the safety rating.

Also can be quite dangerous

/ Modified my drawbar to actually be useful #40  
Also can be quite dangerous

Actually anything with a tractor can be dangerous. That's why all of the newer manuals have a huge safety section at the front.