more power

/ more power #1  

dylan

Gold Member
Tractor
Toolcat B series
I was driving a friends truck last weekend and was amazed at the power he got from installing aftermarket air filters and a large exhaust. He also had an onboard computer with different power levels.
Is this something that can be done with the toolcat or a really bad idea?
thanks

/ more power #2  
The computer is the key; that's where the increased fuel and boost comes from.
You can get somebody to "turn up" your pump for similar results; but I don't think it would be a great idea for reliability.

/ more power #3  
The computer does not control the engine so to speak. It does monitor systems but it doesn't actually control much. Adjustments to the injection pump are possible but are tough to accomplish. Do not mess with the air intake system because a mistake can cost you an engine.

There's not much you can do with the piece apart from pump/injector mods and I don't know where you'd source those pieces.

/ more power #4  
Dylan,
Why do you need more power for your Toolcat...?
Steve

/ more power
I've noticed that the tc struggles a bit with some of my attachments and it can bog while pushing large piles etc. I don't loose traction, just run out of power.
On another note, I'm sure high flow would make a difference with my snow blower attachment as it does not blow nearly as well as some of my other snowblowers that are mounted on tractors.