Backhoe Mounting BH92. Lying flat on ground

/ Mounting BH92. Lying flat on ground #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
Hardest part was putting up ROPS. Note when down it fills with water, DUMPS on head when straightened.

Here is step by step on mounting BH92 on MX5200

3 Point Hitch Off. Requires wrench. About 5 minutes

Ready to attach. Complete time about 10 minutes
Be careful as hoses can be very tight. Need to back up tractor a few inches several times.

Lining up hoe flat on ground

IMG_0281.JPEGIMG_0295.JPEGIMG_0280.JPEGIMG_0293.JPEGIMG_0279.JPEGIMG_0284.JPEGIMG_0296.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
   / Mounting BH92. Lying flat on ground #3  
Hardest part was putting up ROPS. Note when down it fills with water, DUMPS on head when straightened.

Here is step by step on mounting BH92 on MX5200

3 Point Hitch Off. Requires wrench. About 5 minutes

Ready to attach. Complete time about 10 minutes
Be careful as hoses can be very tight. Need to back up tractor a few inches several times.

Lining up hoe flat on ground

View attachment 654247View attachment 654250View attachment 654246View attachment 654249View attachment 654245View attachment 654248View attachment 654251

Looks good!
I never take my hoe off!

/ Mounting BH92. Lying flat on ground #4  
Your title overwhelmed me. :)

Trying to figure out why you would lay down to install your hoe.

Is this the first time you've removed and reinstalled it?

/ Mounting BH92. Lying flat on ground
Your title overwhelmed me. :)

Trying to figure out why you would lay down to install your hoe.

Is this the first time you've removed and reinstalled it?

LOL No the hoe was lying on the ground in the woods with no blocks under any of it.

I just backed up close and hooked up hydraulic line. Used outriggers to lift and kept backing closer. It
s about the 4th time I've mounted it.

Literally putting up the ROPS was many times harder, besides water that dumped on my head, It was all I could do to push it into position. Felt like I was trying to lift a 200 pound barbell. When I finally got it up most of the way I had to get on the seat and yank

Andy

/ Mounting BH92. Lying flat on ground #6  
With a little practice you can figure out how to block the hoe so it's in an easier position to start the mounting process. Definitely start with connecting hoses.

/ Mounting BH92. Lying flat on ground #7  
You don't need many small backups to hook it up. Judicious backing to align the subframe hooks just over and ahead of the hoe pins allows you to connect the hoses and lift the hoe off the ground right at the height to back right in. It is easy. However, the 3 pt arms are more than 5 minutes, especially if you consider safety putting them aside. I allow about 20 minutes for the 3 pt stuff. The hoe, only 5 minutes unless I screw up something.

/ Mounting BH92. Lying flat on ground
You don't need many small backups to hook it up. Judicious backing to align the subframe hooks just over and ahead of the hoe pins allows you to connect the hoses and lift the hoe off the ground right at the height to back right in. It is easy. However, the 3 pt arms are more than 5 minutes, especially if you consider safety putting them aside. I allow about 20 minutes for the 3 pt stuff. The hoe, only 5 minutes unless I screw up something.

LOL, at my old age the 3 PT hitch stuff is just plain heavy. I can get it off in about 10 minutes, putting it in shed’s another story.

I think if one of the hoses was about 8 inches longer I could back right in.

Of the 6 backhoes I’ve had it’s by far the easiest.

The worst was a Woods 1050 on a New Holland TN75D. That could take several hours if nothing went perfect.

The Kubota is so easy I could put it on and off a couple of times a day to change implements.

The New Holland was so bad that I bought a 3 Point adapter for the front SSQA so I could do things like York Rake without dismounting the BH

Andy