mower leaves uncut leaves

/ mower leaves uncut leaves #11  
My Snapper rear engine rider had a similar problem. It was because the belt was slipping. I finally learned to tighten the belt and solved the problem.

/ mower leaves uncut leaves #12  
I know that this is an old post, but I have to agree. I recently demoed a Ventrac with the the contour mower, and was shocked at how terrible it did. First, it really did not cut the grass all that well and second, it did not mulch the leaves at all. I mowed a small area with a light covering of leaves and it just seemed to blow and scatter the leaves around.

It almost seemed like the contour deck was underpowered and/or the blade velocity was way too slow.

I was ready to purchase a Ventrac and the contour mower, but after such a bad demo, it gave me second thoughts. I am still interested in the machine (the 72 inch side discharge deck did a fine job), but had to take a time out and reconsider after such a poor showing by the contour deck.

My 60-inch rear-discharge deck with mulching kit does a very respectable job chopping up leaves when hooked up to my Ventrac Model 4500Y, and the quality of the cut when I mow grass is just fine, in my opinion. No, for some people, a 60-inch deck might be too small, but for me, it is the right size.