MT180D - Please help the new guy

/ MT180D - Please help the new guy #1  

rps

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT180D
Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to tractor ownership and brand new to the gray market. My mechanic has an MT180D that another one his clients wants to sell with a 4 ft. finishing mower and FEL for $3,500. It is in good mechanical shape but is only fair cosmetically. I would like to step up in power from my Kubota B5100e but don't know a thing about Mitsubishi tractors. I use my Kubota to mow about 2 acres of grass and would like to to be able to grade my dirt/gavel driveway. Would you please give me some insight and suggestions?

What is the word on the mt180D? Is it a good tractor? Does the PTO turn the right way?

What is a good price for the MT180d? Is there a source of average values for used Mitusbishi tractors?

How about a source for determining the year model from a serial #?

Is there anything else you can think of I should know to make a good decision?

Thank you for your help.

Robert

/ MT180D - Please help the new guy #2  
Robert - The MT180 D is a good strong tractor. I'll try to help you with some background. This is a U S market tractor which was sold in this country from the mid to late 80's, possibly early 90's depending on dealer inventory. PTO is standard 1 3/8 6 spline with standard rotation. Parts are generally available but, like some imports, can be expensive. Price generally reflects condition, location, demand and included implements. Bare tractor might sell for $2500 to $4000 depending on the above factors. Let me know what the serial number is and I'll give you an educated guess as to year. However, current condition is more important than age. If you need parts or service you can contact me at Valley Power Products (540-345-9650) or email vppinc@rev.net - Bill