Mt210d tach issues

/ Mt210d tach issues #1  

Slcase

Tractor
Mitsubishi mt210D
Hi ,new to Mitsubishi I just aauird a mt210d that runs great but the tack seem to not be working. Any suggestions on where to start looking and testing? Thanks in advance

/ Mt210d tach issues #2  
Welcome to TBN. You could start by disconnecting the tach cable and see if it's broken internally. There's a cable inside the sheath you see. Sometimes they break. If you know the length many auto parts stores sell replacements.

/ Mt210d tach issues
Welcome to TBN. You could start by disconnecting the tach cable and see if it's broken internally. There's a cable inside the sheath you see. Sometimes they break. If you know the length many auto parts stores sell replacements.
Thanks I wasn't sure if it was mechanical or electronic. I will check that out . Looks like a little diffelcult to access

/ Mt210d tach issues #4  
Thanks I wasn't sure if it was mechanical or electronic. I will check that out . Looks like a little diffelcult to access
Most tachs from that era on the Japanese tractors were from Nippon-Sieki from the motor sports realm. Just modified for the gauge paper print. YT has a few clever ways to open them up, repair and reset the chrome original ring back in place.

Recently this was covered over in the Yanmar forum.