MT372D 2 piece steering shaft

/ MT372D 2 piece steering shaft #1  

bhood3

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372D/ International 2444
I bought an MT372D tractor from an old work mate for a really good price. But, of course it needs some TLC including new bearings for the worm gear shaft in the steering box. The shaft is in 2 pieces but so far haven't figured how it comes apart. At first I thought it might have a roll pin which is fairly common but after cleaning it and looking closely it doesn't appear to be. I am thinking it would have to be splined together because the joint is in the middle of the outer column tube. I have a parts manual ordered but has anyone had one of these apart? Thanks, Bob

View attachment 684291

View attachment 684292

/ MT372D 2 piece steering shaft #2  
Give Valley Power a call, Im certain they can tell you over the phone. SUPER helpful folks!

/ MT372D 2 piece steering shaft
Thanks for the info I will give them a call for the parts. I was able to find the connecting pin, it was very well hidden. Tried polishing the joint, no result, tried carefully heating it up (sometimes if there are 2 different metals present the outline of the pin will show up in the heat) still no luck. So I put it in the 8" vise and whaled on it a couple of times with a 6lb hammer and a drift and voila the perfect outline of the pin appeared, so back in business!

/ MT372D 2 piece steering shaft
Looking for an operators manual for the MT372D. Does anyone have a link to one I could download?

Thanks, Bob