mule owners

/ mule owners #1  

toy

Platinum Member
What kind of paint is used in the floor and gas pedal and frame of the mule? Is it a black automotive paint or some other kind of paint? I want to touch up a few spots. Also how does the brush guard hook on the 610 mule if anyone has a brush guard on a 610?

/ mule owners #2  
I am not sure what kind of paint is on the floor, but I have been thinking about putting on some of that paint on bedliner on the floor. Just haven't got around to it yet.

/ mule owners #3  
I am not sure what kind of paint is on the floor, but I have been thinking about putting on some of that paint on bedliner on the floor. Just haven't got around to it yet.
Good idea on the bedliner paint, I did it on a pre-painted steel trailer deck and it turned out well and still looks and wears good after five years.
I have a 2008 Trans diesel Mule and I'm always perching my foot up on that wheel well platform and scuffing up the paint so I glued down two pieces of salvaged rubber pickup truck bedliner. Very firm footing.

Attachments

• P4150319.JPG
    P4150319.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 163
  • P4150320.JPG
    P4150320.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 154
   / mule owners #4  
Hey Nickle_plate, you have the same aftermarket dust that we have on our Mule.;):laughing: Nice job on the wheelwell pads.:thumbsup:

/ mule owners
Hey Nickle_plate, you have the same aftermarket dust that we have on our Mule.;):laughing: Nice job on the wheelwell pads.:thumbsup:

That aftermarket dust must be a popular extra mine has it too. Mine has the front windsheild but it seems like there is more dust on the dash behind the window than there is on the outside. I got some real heavy plastic and put on the back part of the cab to see if that made a difference but haven't got to get out on it since putting it on.

/ mule owners #6  
Jim,
The sole purpose of our Mule is to go to and from the mailbox which happens to be just about one mile away and 700 feet of elevation change on a forested private dirt road full of switchbacks that we share with four other home owners. It is truly one of the highlights of our day to take that sometimes dusty ride and watch the wildlife moving around us.

Toy,
If you are interested in what other members have done with bedliner paint, type that in the SEARCH field and you will find a lot of tips and usages on that subject. Let us know what you have done and how it turned out as that factory paint doesn't seem to wear well.

/ mule owners #7  
I don't mean to change the subject, but i have a 2510 that is leaking water into the oil. i think there are two ways this can happen, through the water pump & through the head gaskets, but how can you tell which one is leaking?

/ mule owners #8  
I think considering how hard it is to get the waterpump off/apart, that I'd just pull the heads first and check the gaskets. Remember, you could also have a cracked head, but if you are not getting water into the cylinders, then this is not as likely as a leaking head gasket or waterpump shaft seal.