Mule running rough

/ Mule running rough #1  

Paul1952

I have an '08 Mule, have not had any trouble with it at all until now. This problem does not happen all the time, but lately when I take a 2 mile drive to check on the cows, it will start spuddering, not taking gas, backfiring, etc. As long as it is driven around the house, short drive down in the pasture, it does fine. This has just started. I've changed the filters, gas filter, etc. Any other suggestions on what to look for. I've also changed where I'm buying my fuel, and put in gas additives. Let me hear from you. Another note, this machine is used for a lot of farm work. Not just recreation.

/ Mule running rough #2  
Paul 1952 what size mule do you have? I am in the learning mode too and I have a 610 mule. I hope you get a lot of feed back with correct and helpful information.

/ Mule running rough #3  
Have you given it a strong dosage of Sea Foam over a total period of 5 hours of use?

If YES then I would expect it may be electrically in nature.

/ Mule running rough #4  
Paul, is the Mule carbureted or fuel injected? If it has a carb, there is a drain on the carb bowl that might help. Also, you might drain out all the fuel from the tank and refill using a Mr. Filter to remove any water in the fuel. Your problem could either be fuel or electrical. If you have a dark garage where you can raise the bed and start the engine to look for arcing, that might reveal something. You might even try this at night outside to look for obvious errant sparks.