MULESKINNER'S M7040 50 HOUR REPORT

/ MULESKINNER'S M7040 50 HOUR REPORT #1  

Muleskinner

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 KUBOTA B2650ROPS
MULESKINNER\'S M7040 50 HOUR REPORT

I did the 50 hour service on my M7040 last week. I used SUDT, 15 gallons as a matter of fact. Expensive stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As a matter of interest, the engine oil was still clear at 50 hours! Now that says something for the new direct injection engine! All of my other indirect injection Kubota tractor engines oils were black as coal at 50 hours!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm still liking this tractor. My dealer has still not received the FEL third function valve components yet!!!!!! Kubota must be far behind with the parts. New model I guess.

The only thing I'm looking for now is a heavy gauge metal fuel tank shield to cover the front area of the tank. I might have to design and build one myself, as I know I will end up putting a stick through the tank if I don't. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ MULESKINNER'S M7040 50 HOUR REPORT
MULESKINNER\'S M7040 50 HOUR REPORT

I did the 50 hour service on my M7040 last week. I used SUDT, 15 gallons as a matter of fact. Expensive stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As a matter of interest, the engine oil was still clear at 50 hours! Now that says something for the new direct injection engine! All of my other indirect injection Kubota tractor engines oils were black as coal at 50 hours!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm still liking this tractor. My dealer has still not received the FEL third function valve components yet!!!!!! Kubota must be far behind with the parts. New model I guess.

The only thing I'm looking for now is a heavy gauge metal fuel tank shield to cover the front area of the tank. I might have to design and build one myself, as I know I will end up putting a stick through the tank if I don't. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ MULESKINNER'S M7040 50 HOUR REPORT #3  
Re: MULESKINNER\'S M7040 50 HOUR REPORT

I serviced mine this past weekend after 50 hours of haying. I agree, the engine oil was really clean. I had watched the first fifty to see if it would darken like the other Kubotas. Replaced with Shell Rotella 15w-40. The transmission oil didn't look too bad either. Mine's the synchronized shuttle. The front differential was the worst. Shipped with UDT. Replaced with 80-90. I am pleased with the M7040 at this point. Couple little items to get used to. I don't care for the fuel tank placement as I'm always hitting it with my foot when getting on. But all in all, so far so good.

/ MULESKINNER'S M7040 50 HOUR REPORT #4  

I serviced mine this past weekend after 50 hours of haying. I agree, the engine oil was really clean. I had watched the first fifty to see if it would darken like the other Kubotas. Replaced with Shell Rotella 15w-40. The transmission oil didn't look too bad either. Mine's the synchronized shuttle. The front differential was the worst. Shipped with UDT. Replaced with 80-90. I am pleased with the M7040 at this point. Couple little items to get used to. I don't care for the fuel tank placement as I'm always hitting it with my foot when getting on. But all in all, so far so good.

One thing I forgot to mention is the Kubota specs for total front axle fluid capacity are way off. The total fluid used was around 2 1/4 gallons. If you look at the manual it calls for almost four gallons of fluid between the axle and the bevel gear cases? What's up with that?? I know I drained it properly.

One thing I forgot to mention is the Kubota specs for total front axle fluid capacity are way off. The total fluid used was around 2 1/4 gallons. If you look at the manual it calls for almost four gallons of fluid between the axle and the bevel gear cases? What's up with that?? I know I drained it properly.

/ MULESKINNER'S M7040 50 HOUR REPORT #7  

Mule was this spec on your maintenance label or in your operators manual? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ MULESKINNER'S M7040 50 HOUR REPORT #8  

Mule was this spec on your maintenance label or in your operators manual? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I used the specs from the owner's manual. The engine oil called for 11.6 Qts and it took 13 Qts to show full on the dip stick also. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I used the specs from the owner's manual. The engine oil called for 11.6 Qts and it took 13 Qts to show full on the dip stick also. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif