My hack grill

/ My hack grill #11  
nicely done!

:thumbsup:

How did you cut the Tank in half? I want to make one :)

/ My hack grill #13  
Just a quick update.... The handles do get a bit warm to the touch when you build a real fire in it. The steaks came out perfect... pink and juicy but no blood.

attachment.php

Ian

PS... I need to put some sheet metal under it. I kept the wood under that thing wet constantly to put out the cinders that fell out the bottom holes.

Stop it man, your making me hungry. It is only 6am and I am craving steak now... :licking::drool:

/ My hack grill
Is that base the the steering-wheel off your tractor?:laughing:

Nope, my wife bought a new office chair and it came with a foot rest attached to about 6" of center stem. I welded the stem to the bottom of the tank.

How did you cut the Tank in half? I want to make one :)

My wife has a small manual turn table she uses with her pottery. I put the tank on it, braced the plasma torch to be stable, and slowly turned the tank while the torch did it's work. It turned out better than expected.

SandburRanch said:
Allow me to give you a tip from experience about the bottom vent holes. Weld them closed and forget they were ever there.

I may do just that. It will save a lot of hassle messing around with a sheet metal drip pan under it.

Ian

/ My hack grill #15  
Nope, my wife bought a new office chair and it came with a foot rest attached to about 6" of center stem. I welded the stem to the bottom of the tank.

My wife has a small manual turn table she uses with her pottery. I put the tank on it, braced the plasma torch to be stable, and slowly turned the tank while the torch did it's work. It turned out better than expected.

I may do just that. It will save a lot of hassle messing around with a sheet metal drip pan under it.

Ian

How are you gonna CLEAN without them holes??? I think at least just 1 to Clean... Sucks to just wait until everything is Cool down to Clean. Sometimes it's best to Clean it while it's HOT. Things come off easily when HOT, but that is my :2cents: ...

/ My hack grill
Wire brush.. quick couple swipes as it's heating up the next time. What don't kill ya makes ya miserable on the toilet.... Wait.. that's not right.

/ My hack grill #17  
Wire brush.. quick couple swipes as it's heating up the next time. What don't kill ya makes ya miserable on the toilet.... Wait.. that's not right.

Yah, plug up them holes cause the Toilet got a bigger hole I guess, LMFAO

;)

/ My hack grill #18  
Great job.

I have never been able to think of projects like this.

The holes in the bottom have to go.

RC