3-Point Hitch My latest craigslist deal.... errr, I mean steal!!!

/ My latest craigslist deal.... errr, I mean steal!!! #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Got on the 'puter yesterday afternoon to check CL out and two ad's caught my attention. One was for a 5ft Ro Cut (brandname) bushhog, the asking price was $250. The other ad was for a 5ft box blade sold by TSC, and the asking price was just $150. Both ad's were just an hour old and appeared to be from the same seller, so I thought I still had a chance and emailed the seller with my phone #. I told him I was close by in the area and would like to see them asap, About 45 minutes later he calls me and told me he couldn't meet with me then (Saturday evening) but that I could go take a look at them myself and then call him back and let him know if I wanted them. So he told where they were at and this is the CRAZY part!! As the crow flies, they were about 3/8[SUP]th[/SUP] of a mile from house!! Can you believe it? I could have walked over there to look at them lol.

Anyway, I jumped in the truck and drove over there and took a look. The bush hog is about 14yrs old (according to seller) but has seen little use, mostly just bush hogging around their small acreage and the pond as well. No bends, breaks, or welds on it. It does have a good bit of pitting on the surface alongside the angle pieces welded on the top. It's probably the result of a lots of leaves etc, sitting on top of it and holding moisture there for long periods of time. However, there doesn't appear to be any rust through on the deck. The only issue is the front half of the PTO shaft is missing, the seller is going to look for it some more, he thinks it may be around the property somewhere. According to the nameplate, this unit is made by Taylor-Pittsburgh, but it's definitely a light duty model. The box blade is in great shape, but it's missing three of the five rippers that came with it.

I picked up both of these attachments for $400, which he thought was a fair price to ask, so I didn稚 argue with him, or haggle over the price lol. Funny thing, he said he got a lot of emails about them last night, he simply thought it was because they were just in high demand. I didn't have the heart to tell him they were in high demand because his asking price was TOO low!!! I probably should have tipped him since he and his wife helped me load them onto my little trailer, it was the only one I had here at the house at the time. :laughing:

Bush hog after I cleaned off the deck.

Bush hog & box blade 003.jpg

Bush hog & box blade 004.jpg

Box Blade:
Bush hog & box blade 002.jpg

Last edited:
   / My latest craigslist deal.... errr, I mean steal!!! #2  
Heck, there is more pitting on your trailer than the RoCut!!

Great steal-oops! I meant "Deal!!" :drink:

/ My latest craigslist deal.... errr, I mean steal!!! #3  
You could have gotten two trip with a tractor on the 3pt hitch! Good buys. Did you not know this neighbor????

/ My latest craigslist deal.... errr, I mean steal!!!
Actually, I live a couple miles from the city limits of a mid size town, there's a number of large sub's here (and I live in one of them) mixed in with some long timers that have 3-20+ acre parcels. My lot is just 1/3 of an acre, and I don't keep my tractor here, it's at my parent's house. So, to answer your question, no, I didn't know the seller. My parents do live in the country, which is where I use my tractor, and that's where these implements are headed on my next trip up there this weekend.

/ My latest craigslist deal.... errr, I mean steal!!! #5  
Where I live (country) everyone knows everyone. Good find!