My New Kubota B7800

/ My New Kubota B7800 #21  
Nice Rig! Enjoy and post lots of pics for us posers.
Podunk

/ My New Kubota B7800 #22  
Little late but congrats, awesome looking machine :D

That hoe looks good. Too bad I couldn't find a woods dealer nearby, but so far my kubota hoe's been good (for the amount I've played with it). A thumb would be REALLY handy though. Oh well, too early to start looking at upgrades already LOL!

/ My New Kubota B7800 #23  
That backhoe looks like it would be at home in a MINE. That is a very stout-looking unit. Very, very nice setup.

/ My New Kubota B7800 #24  
Nice looking rig! How do you like the plow unit? sure it will push some snow around.

/ My New Kubota B7800
WayneB said:
Nice looking rig! How do you like the plow unit? sure it will push some snow around.

Last night I was trying to plow ~6" of wet snow. I think I plowed more 3/4" gravel than snow! I had the spacers set so the blade would be ~ 1/2" above the gravel and I used the float position of the valve when I was using the front blade of the B7800. It ended up after I made a big mess of the gravel I used the back side of the blade while using the tractor in reverse to level out the skid shoe ruts and the piles of stone. After thinking about a solution I am going to design rollers in place of the ridgid skid shoes, something similar to the rollers on my Wheelhorse mower deck, where the rollers are about 4" in diameter and about 6" in length. I will mount one on each end of the blade in hope that will minimize the digging into the gravel base. However at the end of my driveway on the paved apron and in the road the blade plowed excellent.

/ My New Kubota B7800
JohnTso said:
Did you consider the BH80-X for your B7800?

John

John I did consider it however in my opinion the BH80-X was not properly balanced/ sized for the B7800. The BH70-X has plenty of digging & lifting power with the rocks we grow here in CT. I was able to dig 6' down no problem to bury some large boulders approximately 3" in diameter. I do like the curved boom and the thumb.

Dennis Bialecki

Last edited:
   / My New Kubota B7800 #28  
Thanks for the reply Dennis. For sure the BH70-X is good hoe and I'm considering it too! The reason I asked was because the Kubota BH75 hoe has been used with theB7800, and it's specs are closer to the BH80-X. I also liked the extra reach and swing control offered by the BH80-X.

Thanks again,

John