My Slope Guage lies.

/ My Slope Guage lies. #21  
I still look at mine when I am beyond 30. I believe I can go beyond the rated 45 without tipping, but the traction is such an issue at that point. When I mow steep sideways I want to know there is an exit at the bottom. that has limited me on certain spots of my property (bottom is a stream or worse)

Attachments

• 2015-04-29 15.48.22.jpeg
    2015-04-29 15.48.22.jpeg
    778.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 2015-04-29 15.49.09.jpg
    2015-04-29 15.49.09.jpg
    833.9 KB · Views: 307
  • 2015-04-29 15.48.48.jpeg
    2015-04-29 15.48.48.jpeg
    963.7 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 2015-04-29 15.48.13.jpg
    2015-04-29 15.48.13.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 266
   / My Slope Guage lies. #22  
I still look at mine when I am beyond 30. I believe I can go beyond the rated 45 without tipping, but the traction is such an issue at that point. When I mow steep sideways I want to know there is an exit at the bottom. that has limited me on certain spots of my property (bottom is a stream or worse)

Very nice pictures and an awesome machine!

/ My Slope Guage lies.
Hey Ho! Woodland Farms! I'm 'a call'n Ya out! ;-)

Can you explain your strategy in using three tire chains (maybe one is broken at the time?)? And, can you explain your strategy in how you have those chevron tires oriented.

With directional tires on 4wd tractors, I prefer to have the fronts mounted to drive with best traction in reverse or during forward braking. That also makes tires last longer when using FEL with heavy loads, tends to push the tires up out of soft ground instead of biting in deeper. But I am puzzled by your method. Heck, I am often puzzled....

That is one tough look'n machine!

prs

/ My Slope Guage lies. #24  
PRS, good eyes.. I didn't even notice....

Truth.. Chain fell off, was too lazy to put it on (involves removing the tire which means a floor jack and I am lazy). As for the tires, it is actually worse than you see. The insides are different manufacturer altogether. probably more skids steer than slope tractor oriented so they have mediocre side traction. The outside tires are heavily worn, but balloon in nature so when you run them at 3 psi they hold the hill well. I think if I had 8 good tires in the balloon version my tractor would be a lot different. Chains greatly reduce my slow ability but really increase my traction.

As for orientation, I initially tried to have the front tires chevroning correctly forward, and the rears backward. They are all the same size and the wheel motors are all the same.

Eventually I realized for me it made little difference. This tractor is not a ground engager (it cannot pull normal implement) so traction is not as critical.

PT's are a swiss army knife machine. Owners swear by them, I have over 15 implements for mine (it is no just a mower). But PT has huge downside. As with a swiss knife, it does everything, and I mean it, but it does none of it extremely well. Fit and finish are oddly inconsistent, but unless I win the lotto and can swing an Antonia Carraro, this will be my tractor for my slopey property. It is an amazing machine, but I would only recommend it if you lived on slopes.

/ My Slope Guage lies.
Cool beans!

prs